Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Default Time change in Grand Cayman

I have an interesting question- our ship says we dock in Grand Cayman at 7:30. Is that 7:30 local time or Florida time? The reason I ask is because we have to meet an excursion at 8:30 and I am confused if the ship time matches local time? Anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2004, 11:04 AM
Default Re: Time change in Grand Cayman

Once on land, you are in grand caymen time. You'll need that hour (well some of it) to tender to shore, that's why the delay.

Remember though, your return time is always on ships time, which never varries due to local time.
Old July 1st, 2004, 11:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I was just in Grand Cayman in April. When we docked and when we left was all on Florida time. The ship never changes time, you just have to adjust while you are in port. If you have the same itinerary I did Grand Cayman, Costa Maya and Cozumel will all be one hour behind you and Belize is two hours behind. Most of the tour operators are familiar with this system. Just make sure they know what time you have to be back to the pier for local time.

Celebrity Century 1/09
Carnival Destiny 10/07
Carnival Destiny 9/06
Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 1st, 2004, 11:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

Grand Cayman is on Eastern Standard Time. Your ship will be on Eastern Daylight Time (same as departure port) , so the ship time is one hour ahead of island time.

adjust, catman, cayman, change, cruise, florida, geogetown, grand, local, time