Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 03:30 PM
frequent cruiser

Default Re: booze on board?

I know someone that put 6 bottles in his suitcase that he checked in (3 rum and 3 vodka). The luggage and bottles arrived fine to his cabin. No one intercepted it or said a word. This was on a Carnival ship sailing from Miami to Nassau in October of 2003. I suppose it could be done with any cruise line this way unless they have changed security procedures. Anyone know?
Old July 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

It can be done, yes, but I agree with Keysguy - lets drop this old old subject and certainly stop judging people's moral character by such an insignificant thing.

Happy cruising to the smugglers and non-smugglers alike!

Old July 12th, 2004, 06:08 PM
fabruzzi

My wife takes my booze (mostly beer) around with her everywhere we go. Including a cruise.

On our last cruise my wife brought onboard 9 bottles of beer. No one stopped her, no one questioned her. It's fabulous. Let me tell you how.

You see my wife happens to have a wooden leg. So before our cruise I just hollowed out the centre of it and then poured 9 beers into it. Once in our cabin I bore a hole into it and put in a tap. I must also mention that this works great with Cabernet Sovignon.

All I'd do is keep refilling by buying the local beers from each port we stoped in.

I looooovvvvve my wife!

My advice is simple. Be creative and DARE to do it. It makes you feel like a teenager again trying to get away with things from your parents. Live a little people!!!
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:41 AM
theCoach

I like your enginuity Fabrizzi. Your thinking out of the box.
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

First of all - Fabruzzi is F.O.S.

What do you do - buy your wife a new leg each time you cruise? "Before each cruise I just hollow out the center" and "Once in the cabin I bore a hole into it an put in a tap".

Piece of cake....just hollow out the center, bore a hole into it and put in a tap.

I always knew that there was something that I was forgetting when I went on my cruise.....wood working tools, and a beer tap.
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:06 PM
fabrizzie

Actually, GLW513, my wife has several woodent legs. Each one is seasoned just right for the appropriate liquid it carries. And then there are those solid ones which she uses when she tavels alone.

PS. Woodworking tools are not necessary. A big mother of a cork screw will do it. Or you can just bring your "Ron Popiel" pocket rocket all-in-one handy lost in the woods or camping handy tool. (61 different tools all in one compact 5" x 9" wet proof, anti-stain, anti-shock space age plastic case (invented by George Foreman). All for only 12 easy payments of $19.95 (plus shipping and handling of course).
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:28 PM
SharonR

I have been on 2 cruises and have taken alcohol on both. First time in my carry on and second time in my luggage because it was too heavy for my carry on. I plan on taking some in my luggage again next month. Have Fun!!
Old July 13th, 2004, 07:45 PM
TheGMan

I have brought alcohol aboard on all four cruises that I have been on. In all instances I kept the whiskey in the plastic travel bottle (only high dollar stuff for me as you can see) that it came in. I have never had and problems getting it on board. Once aboard, I always leave it sitting out on my counter top and likewise have never been questioned about it.

One of our stewards even got creative and started using one of the bottles in our towel art every evening. Now that is some art that is pleasing to my eye!

Ohhh. One last thing....Don't forget to put the booze in a double layer of freezer bags. The bottles always leak. I think the heat during transport, etc. coupled with the alcohol must have something to do with it.

TheGMan
Old July 14th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Fabrizzie I still don't believe you - but I will play along.

You hollow out one of your wife's artificial legs and pour in 9 bottles of beer....once on the ship, you bore a hole through it and insert a tap. So, does you wife bring two legs with her, or does she just have to sit around while you use her leg as a beer keg.

And how long does your wife's leg(s) keep the beer cold? And you say that your wife as several artifical legs....if they all have holes bored into them, how do you plug the hole.

Fab - going to let you in on a little secret. I bet your wife enjoys traveling alone instead of being used as your personal beer/wine dispenser.

And my last question(s).....how many beers had you drank before you thought up this idea? And how many tests did it take before you got it right?
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:54 AM
First Mate

last year we took two bottles of wine in our carry on. They opened the bag to check that it was wine. We also packed a plastic bottle of rum in our checked baggage with no problem. There is a difference betweec rules and laws. Some rules are made to be broken.