Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:22 AM
BT

Default Rough seas in January??

I have booked a 4 day, Western Carib. cruise on the Fascination for Jan. I am now wondering about how rough the ride will be.. I'm not so worried about seasickness as I am about how it will affect our activities in port. We really want to be in the water in Cozumel for snorkeling and swimming. Any authorities on my chances for good weather??
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2004, 01:57 PM
bjkeen

Default Re: Rough seas in January??

You can always take sea sickness meds. I take the meds. before setting foot on the ship because I was sea sick for two days on the first cruise. I knew that the ship was sailing into a Tropical Disturbance and did not take anything priorto getting aboard the ship . I swore never to get on a cruise ship again without my sea sickness meds. inside of me first.

I have a friend who has taken 30 cruises. The next time I talk to him I'll ask him if he has ever cruised in January and if so, how was the weather. His usual comments to me is that rough water can get churned up at any time. My personal preference for cruise time is the spring when the weather is relatively calm. March, April and May the weather is wonderful in Florida.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 04:32 PM
antoinette

Default Re: Rough seas in January??

actually january is suppose to be one of the best months to sail