Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2004, 02:46 PM
anita kennedy

Default How do you feel about this?

If you are in a poor country, say Jamica, do you feel like you should tip a little more for your taxi ride or whatever than say in Cayman's. Or do you just stick to what is your own personal policy on tipping? I personally give an extra few dollars in the poor countries, call me a bleeding heart.
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:12 PM
pg

Default Re: How do you feel about this?

I am with you Anita, but NOT if I feel pressured or conned, I also don't accept bad service, poor or not.
Old July 3rd, 2004, 11:15 PM
jenniferslota

I bleed with you! What's just an extra dollar to us makes much more of an impact for a working and struggling family. And if they're not struggling; still, our dollar there goes a long ways.
Old July 4th, 2004, 05:58 AM
venice

my girlfriend found a neat solution. She usually ask about a local church that we see while on the island and finds the address and then we get home she sends them a box of her daughter's clothes that she has outgrown
Old July 4th, 2004, 11:35 PM
Cruisingrandma

When we were in Jamaica twice We had wonderful taxi drivers and we tipped them very well. Because they worked hard for there money and deserved every penny we paid them. They are all hard workers and try to support there families there like anywhere else. They are not looking for a hand out but they work for there money. So if the service is good tip well.... Like in any other country or circumstance....... Happy cruising...