Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2004, 03:54 PM
MikeK

Default Flying and sailing the same day

Hi all,

We're flying from Grand Cayman to Miami the morning of our cruise. The flight leaves at 7:20am and arrives at 9:50am. Are we giving ourselves enough time/slack to make it to the dock on time? I know the absolute cutoff for getting onboard just before 4pm. Do people generally fly the day of?

Thanks,

- Mike
Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:08 PM
venice

Default Re: Flying and sailing the same day

if you can come in a day early...if your scheduled day of flight has a mechanical or cancells you's be stressed out...start your cruise stress free, one day early (and party with your fellow CM's
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Yeoman

Myself, I would fly in the day before.Get a hotel room close to the terminal. And I would also have resv. for that motel room too. Therefore the next morning, all I would have to do is go to the terminal and board the ship.

Happy cruising;
David
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Dale C

Shouldn't be a problem. We always have flown in, (usually a four or five hour trip for us to the coast), and never had a problem getting on board in time.
To be safe, book your flight through the cruise line, that way, if you are delayed for some reason that is not your fault, the cruise line will rebook you and get your luggage and YOU to the ship.
Old July 10th, 2004, 04:16 PM
Passenger

We started the tradition of flying down a day in advance on our honeymoon, and it was just so relaxing. Flying today is stressful, and we always fly a day or two in advance. We stay close to the ship port because we want to be on the ship as soon as possible!
We just cruised aboard the island Princess for an 11 day panama canal passage, and we spent three days prior in Ft lauderdale. What a great way to start off.
If you are already booked and cant change, don't worry, sounds like you have plenty of time. Do you have transfers? or will you take a cab?- That makes a difference. For some reason, whenever we do transfers, we are always forced to wait for the bus to fill up, while others just get of the plane, onto the bus and it leaves. My Husband now refuses to use transfers. A cab will take us as soon as we get there. Maybe a little more money, but worth it because its stress free.
Good luck and Bon voyage!
S~
Oh, and P.S.- After reading alot of posts on this board, I think we may extend our cruise a day or two afterwards to try and defeat the post-cruise blues!

Old July 10th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Mike,
I always try to get in a day early, but with our next cruise, we just couldn't do it, but we should land before 11:00 am for a 5:00 departure.

Message Boards Moderator
Old July 10th, 2004, 05:17 PM
MikeK

Thanks for the reponses all. I think I'm going to pickup some travelers insurance, since changing the trip now would be a bit difficult. Can anyone recommend a provider?

- Mike
Old July 10th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Passenger

Out TA hooks us up with TravelGuard, they give you luggage tags with bar codes and a card for your wallet, very easy if luggage gets lost. Dont have the address or anything now,(TA is closed) but they are probably on the web.

Old July 10th, 2004, 07:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Flying and sailing the same day

Hi Mike,
Here are are few you can check out:

CSA Travel Insurance

Travel Guard

Access America

Message Boards Moderator