Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Erics 1 stop

Default how can find out how full a cruise???

how can i find out how full a cruise is???
Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2004, 12:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: how can find out how full a cruise???

My understanding is that if you go to orbitz.com - you can look at the cruise and go ont there as if you are going to "select" a particular room type - If there are rooms available, they should blink with a small green light. You will need to do this for each room type, (the different decks, etc) to see what all is left.

On our ship, the Inspiration in Aug - last time I looked - there were only about 5 blinking lights, other than some of the large suites. So it looks like we're nearly full.

Good luck
Old July 11th, 2004, 01:17 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

The Orbitz way will give you an IDEA, but I have not been able to find any way to actually find out how full any ship is. Orbitz only offers a certain choice of cabins at time. When we first went to book almost a year ago, they only would let us chose from 5 or 7 cabins, but of course more were available.

Old July 11th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

All the online booking engines only show up to 9 cabins in a cat. And if you're still outside the final payment date, they could show no cabins avcailable in a category. But when you get inside final pay date many cabins are available again. Thats because TA's will block groups of cabins way in advance. But on final pay date they must pay for them or release them back to the cruiseline.

There is no good way to tell if your cruise is full. Indicators are rising prices means its selling well, falling prices means sales are slow.

If you can get a PVP to tell you, thats probably the best way.

Dan