Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 12th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to JULIEB
Default HOLIDAY CRUISE

I AM 1ST TIME CRUISER & HAVE NOT READ MUCH ABOUT HOLIDAY. WILL BE LEAVING NEW ORLEANS 9-16-04 WITH VISIT TO COZUMEL 4 DAY CRUISE. I WOULD APPRECIATE ANY TIPS OR SUGGESTIONS FROM SOMEONE THAT HAS TRAVED ON HOLIDAY. THANKS
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: HOLIDAY CRUISE

We are on the same cruise the following week. We haven't been on this ship before but we are very excited about the trip. From what I understand this is a smaller ship which is perfect for first time cruisers and may even be more fun. We are planning on Xcaret and Paradise Beach in Cozumel. These are what we have decided from reading these boards. The best suggestion I have seen and agree with is relax, don't sweat the small stuff and have a great time! Would love to hear about your trip when you return.

Old July 12th, 2004, 08:58 PM
tam

My son and I sailed 6-19-04 on the Holiday (1st timers). It was absolutely wonderful. I had previously cancelled a cruise due to some bad reviews I had read. Yes, it may be old, but it is in good condition. My son did not want to go and the last day he was not wanting to get off. The ship is so easy to find your way around and the activities were good. The food in the dining was ok, but we could not get enough of the pizza and lemonade, which is available 24/7. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Our room was more spacious than I thought it would be (oceanview). We did Xcaret - it was great - get ready to walk alot, and be sure to swim the underground river. You will be tired by the end - but what awaits at the end will be worth it. Hope I have answered some questions. I am ready to go on another cruise (when this one is paid for!) and my son wants to go on Holiday again. We will probably wait until it moves to AL. Have a great time!!
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

can I ask how old your son is? I have two so I was just wondering.

Old July 12th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Barry S.

Julie
my brother and I are on the same ship, same time.
may run into you. first timers, too.

barry
odessa,tx
Old July 13th, 2004, 12:34 AM
4 FUN

You will love the Holiday. We sailed 6/5. It was our 3rd cruise on a Carnival ship. We were concerned about the age & size of her. She was very clean , staff was wonderful, & food was good. We also loved the pizza, lemonade & ice cream 24/7. Smaller ship was an advantage, we didn't stay lost all the time. You forget all your cares once you set sail. Be sure & watch the water when you leave the Gulf & enter the Mississippi, really neat site. ENJOY!!

DON"T WORRY, BE HAPPY

Ecstasy 4/97
Imagination 4/01
Holiday 6/04
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

4 FUN - what time did you board the Holiday? We leave July 26th but are spending the night of the 25th in NO so can board any time. Thanks

Old July 13th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to JULIEB
Default Re: Re: HOLIDAY CRUISE

IT IS GREAT TO FIND SOMEONE ON SAME CRUISE. MAYBE WE WILL RUN INTO EACH OTHER. I AM VERY EXCITED & CAN HARDLY WAIT.
Old July 14th, 2004, 11:56 PM
tam

Kate,
My son is 12 1/2. He loved it. He met kids from all over the US, from Chicago, Missouri etc. He even got 2 buddies email addresses. At night, Carnival has a disco just for 12 to 18 years old - No adults allowed except Carnival Counselors. He loved that! If your kids are different ages, don't worry Carnival will have something that they like - there is too much for them not to like something. Have a Great time! Wish I was going again.
Old July 15th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Tam
Thanks for the info. That helps a lot. I guess I am getting "before the cruise jitters".

Old July 15th, 2004, 10:32 AM
4 FUN

Kate.......
We got to terminal around noon. Boarded ship approx 1:00. Embarkation was not too bad. Thank goodness, we did not do the fun pass. It was a way longer line. Being on ship at 1:00 is a good time, you can get your first meal, check the ship out & before you know it, it's time to do the lifeboat drill which always signals time to sail. Enjoy. I am jealous.

DON"T WORRY, BE HAPPY

Ecstasy 4/97
Imagination 4/01
Holiday 6/04
Old July 15th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Tim R

We are leaving Saturday, July 18 on the Holiday. We will give you a review when we return. Our first cruise & CAN'T wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Jessica the twin bear is going with us & it is her 1st cruise too.

Holiday July 18, 2004
Old July 15th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Tim R
Have a great time! Can't wait to hear how your cruise was and see your bear pictures. I'm assuming they will be posted right.

Old July 15th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Gary Tyler

My wife and I are cruising on 8-5-04. The only child is off to college on 8-15-04 and we are also celebrating our 20th anniversary. We haven't sailed Carnival before but we've heard many good things about the holiday. We are in our early 50's and are tired of Princess Cruises and all of the old people. We have sailed on princess 6 times. Hopefully, the Holiday will be a younger crowd. Can't wait.
Old July 15th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Gary, you sound the same as us, our DS is off to college 8-9. We're on the Holiday July 26th and look forward to an active, fun cruise. We sailed RCCL and Princess years ago. I am ready to get back to cruising. Happy anniversary and enjoy your cruise.

Old July 16th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Gary Tyler

Default Re: Re: HOLIDAY CRUISE

Kate, thank you. We just want to have some fun and party a little bit. We deserve it after raising a 18 year old only child. (spoiled), (princess). Her motto is, "it's all about me". We'll, we need a break. We are fying in two days early to New Orleans to experience the shops, food and nightlife. I hope you enjoy your cruise and thanks for replying.
Gary
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:27 AM
venice

Gary..don't distress all 17-18 year older's are pretty much like that..they come to their senses at about 21..enjoy your cruise