Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Pride

Wow makeup face Im so sorry to hear that>I hope you are ok and ill say a little prayer for you ......But yes now I guess you would love to skip in time and be at Jan 23rd right now HUH!!! I cant wait ............. And thank you Harry for the info on your pics but I believe Ive already looked over those about 250 times by now .Im obsessed my husband cant believe there isnt anything on this board I havent read 3 times over..........

Old August 12th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Lucero

Good Morning Everyone, Makeup face, sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are doing well. My husband and I can't wait either, as a matter of fact my husband is bringing his parents on this cruise. They have never been on a cruise before, and you can only image how exicted they are about this upcoming cruise. Well, take care everyone, look forward to chatting with all of you... Sincerely...Candace
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Pride

Thanks Shelly and Candace!! I start physical therapy today for my back. I have to get myself together to handle my luggage by January:>))))))

I'm driving my friend crazy with cruise info. I just told her the other day I like to study the lay out of the ship before I cruise.....so I know where to go once I get there. 164 days to go!!!!!!

Old August 12th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Lucero

I think it's great that your providing you friend with all the info, once on board she will really appreciate all your effort you have put into it. I hope everything goes well with your physical therapy....I'm sure you will be ready to handle your lunggage in January!!
Take Care..... ))
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:42 PM
Passenger

I'm trying to figure out what type of clothing to pack for Mexico in January. I thinkin' capri sets, jeans, t-shirts and coordinating (jacket and pants) sweat outfits for the day time.

Old August 13th, 2004, 10:40 AM
Lucero

Makeup face.....It will be hot the days we are in Mexico...I would also suggest shorts and swimsuit....capris, t-shirts are great to add to your wardrobe The first few days out to sea will be a little cool....hope this helps...

Cheers..... )))
Old August 13th, 2004, 10:56 AM
First Mate

Candace ........Good morning..........Wow it feels like we havent chatted in forever..lol...So do you think our days atsea will be nice enough to swim and lay by the pool?? I really hope so we are looking forward to the pool and the slide.........Keep in touch...Shelly

Old August 13th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Lucero

Good Morning Shelly....Yes, you will be able to lay out by the pool...especial the days we are in Mexico. I know that it does get a little cool the first few days, I think however by the second day it start to warm up.....then it keeps getter warmer. I would also, suggest checking the weather on line prior to leaving, that could really guide us as the our attire! I can't wait...I could really use a break!!! Hope things are well with you!

Cheerssssssssssss ))

Candace
Old August 13th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Passenger

Okay.....shorts will be added. I guess I should pack a little bit of everything for day time wear. I really am not one to sit out at the pool....but my friend enjoys sitting out. I 'm sure she be out as often as the weather permits.
We are going to the outlet mall tomorrow....she has to find a outfit for her daughter's wedding in October. It should be a good time to look for summer clearance items:>))

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:38 AM
Passenger

Default Pride

Just checkin' to see if anyone else will be sailing on the 23rd of January!!!

Old August 25th, 2004, 02:16 PM
First Mate

Im glad you guys keep rebootin this thread I somehow keep losing it!!Makeup face how is physical therapy going?I hope well and your back to new before the cruise!!!cant wait!!! Hello Candace .........Take care all

Old August 25th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Thanks for asking Shelly!! I can move my neck without pain. However when I try to pick up anything that's too heavy....there is some pain between my shoulder blades. But I'm doing a lot better then I was two weeks ago....and I love the deep muscle messages:>)))))

Hi Candace !!

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:32 PM
First Mate

Thats a good thing the neck moving,, but just keep up with the back and shoulder .I work at the hospital here where I live and Ive seen alot of people just give up!! But you can do it!!!Keep up the good work!!!!

Old August 26th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

I won't give up!!! I have about half dozen flights to make to and from Utah before I cruise in January. My youngest plays football at Utah State. I always take a carry-on ...so I'll be lifting it into the over-head and I'll be ready!:>)).

Old August 26th, 2004, 11:30 PM
First Mate

Wow that really neat that he plays for Utah...Both of my boys play oldest now a freshman in High school and next one is still in the youth program here in Dayton NV.We are very involved and they love the sport.Tomarrow is sons first high school game and Sat.is next sons game cant wait love to watch them ..Keep me posted on his games K .We would love to keep tabs on all their winnings.. :o) Take care!!!

Old August 31st, 2004, 07:33 PM
First Mate

Well girls only 144 days left and counting I feel like I already want to PACK!!!!!
hope all is going well for you hope to hear from you both soon..Take care .....Shelly......

Old September 1st, 2004, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

I have been fighting the urge to start packing myself. Now I'm researching into which excursion I'm gonna go on in PV:>))
Ramona

Old September 3rd, 2004, 12:19 AM
First Mate

In PV we are doing the dolphin swim! We did it in Cozumel in feb and it was wonderful my children begged to be able to do it and that was one of the reasons we choose this ship....It was the mast AWESOME experience cant wait to do it again..........Hope all is well ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Candace how are you????????????????????????

Old September 4th, 2004, 01:34 AM
Herm

Hi Shelly and Makeup face.....I've been out of the loop...it been a heck of a couple of weeks do to our recent move...just came back on line....using my husband name here....Hope everyone is doing well!!!! More later....

cheerssssssssssssssss

Candace
Old September 5th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Passenger

Hey Candice....glad to hear from you!!

Shelly I don't know about swimming with dolphins.....I like my seafood on my plate:>))))

Any other thoughs on excursions in PV??

Ramona

Old September 5th, 2004, 09:33 PM
First Mate

We'll be on the Pride in 2 weeks I will give you feedback as soon as we return.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old September 5th, 2004, 10:28 PM
First Mate

Thank you so much dalech I know we will all be waiting to hear what a blast you had......

Old September 10th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Lucero

Good Morning...Shelly and Makeup Face

We are now a little more settled in and I can now start rethinking about the cruise...I'm telling you after what we went through I can't wait until we cruise....just want to sail away!! ) Hope both of you are doing well!! Have an awesome weekend!!

Cheers
Candace
Old September 10th, 2004, 01:42 PM
Passenger

I was on the Pride last year and loved it. The ship is beautiful, make sure you see it all and enjoy!

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old September 10th, 2004, 03:37 PM
First Mate

Only 9 more days! I will be sure to write a review as soon as I return.
Old September 10th, 2004, 05:50 PM
Lucero

Great...can't wait to here from you!!! Have an awesome trip!!!
Old September 12th, 2004, 08:44 PM
First Mate

Hello Candace and Ramona ,
Getting closer huh!!!!!!!! Glad to here you are all moved in Candace I hate moving!!!!! Take Care and keep in touch Shelly

Old September 13th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Lucero

Good Morning......

Yes, we are getting closer and I can't wait!!!! I need a vacation after our big move. Hope everyone is doing well.

Candace
Old September 13th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

Afternoon ladies,

I too can not wait until January. I have been "packing" mentally for weeks now...I'm sure I'll be "repacking" daily. Still wondering about the weather in Mexico in January....you just nevvvvver know!!

dalech ....we'll be looking for your review....and any tips you can give us. Have a wonderful cruise!

Old September 18th, 2004, 03:29 AM
First Mate

Well dalech leaves tomarrow and I am felling alittle jealous. I just wish the time would go by faster and I guess even more so now than ever due to my dad having a TIA which is a small stroke and I am getting nervous about him making the trip.It wouldnt be that major because he has been on a few cruises before but this is my childrens first and thats all he talks about is seeing his grand daughter on the boat and how excited she will be (they are very close).He is excited to go with all 4 of my children but especially the baby(3). I just hope and pray hell make it till JAN. I cant wait I am so excited .Well Id better get to bed just got home from work n trying to wind down.Take care all and keep in touch....................................Shelly... .......................................