Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 18th, 2004, 06:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Pride

Sorry you are jealous. I'm sure I will feel that way when it's your turn. In any case, bon voyage, ans I'm off to the airport. I'll let you know the juice details when I return.

Carnival Mardi Gras - July 1991
RCCL Viking Serenade - November 1994
Carnival Pride - September 2004
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:54 PM
First Mate

I hope dalech is having a blast!!!!!Im sure she is...........................

Old September 20th, 2004, 09:52 AM
Lucero

Good Morning..... Shelly and Makup face,

How are both of you doing??? Everything is going well here, and I can't wait until we cruise!!! I'm starting to get excited now that our move is over and I can now focus on the cruise!!! Have you guys done on clothes shopping for the cruise??

Candace
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:49 AM
First Mate

GOOD MORNING Candace and Makeup face........................I have done a little shopping here n there one formal night is doneand t-shirts things like that.Do you go to the formal dinners n dress up ??? I love those nights !!! Its the only time we get to dress up unless we go to vegas or somthing but our usual wear is scrubs for me n jeans n t-shirt for hubby (he does tile marble and granite) so I enjoy the formal nights n all the pictures we have some cute ones from the last cruise in Feb... I AM SO EXCITED!!!!
Talk to you both soon take care!!!!! Shelly

Old September 20th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

Hey ladies.....
.......just back from my son's football game in Utah...they lost of course. The coach needs to be fired!!!!! I am so glad Eric is a senior...thank the Lord!!

Anyway...been doing a little shopping...but much of what I'm gonna pack is already in my closet somewhere:>)))...still want to lose about 20 pounds before I sail....and I will!!!
I'm really looking forward to January...stay in touch!
Ramona

Old September 20th, 2004, 05:37 PM
Lucero

Hi Ramona....I also want to loose a little bit of weight myself....yicks!!! Well, keeping focused on our upcoming cruise will steer me in the right direction!!! Have and awesome day..... Cheers ))

Candace
Old September 30th, 2004, 08:10 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Pride

Candace did you ever find a hotel to stay at in Lon Beach? We are still looking for the best deal,Hope all is well with everyone .I just got out of the hospital yesterday had an emergency appendectomy.Lucky me !!!Keep in touch all!!!!///////////Shelly////////////////

Old October 1st, 2004, 01:48 PM
Lucero

Shelly....

Gosh, glad to hear you are doing well after your emergency appendectomy..ouch!!! That must have been scarry!!!! Yes, we are thinking about staying at the Hoilday Inn, which is 3 mivles from the pier, shuttle service is included to the pier. I believe that's what we have decided to do, I believe it will be much easier overall, the cost is 79 per night. Well, take care of yourself and hope to hear from you soon...

Sincerely,
Candace
Old October 1st, 2004, 04:10 PM
Passenger

My God Shelly!!!!!

Happy to hear you are doing well after your emergency appendectomy! Check your email!

Ramona

Old October 5th, 2004, 03:01 PM
First Mate

Thank you both for your concern I feel much better just sore!!! Very scarey though they said they caught it just in time before it ruptured..Thank you Ramona I got that site alot of info .Thinking of doing Randis horses with my 2 girls while the guy go deep sea fishin not sure yet .Ill have to look into the hotel in long beach only one we found to leave car at is $120.00 a night so thank you. takecare and write soon""""""Shelly""""""

Old October 5th, 2004, 05:47 PM
Passenger

I'll be riding with Randi!!!! You might want to make a reservation just in case!
Shelly.....Take care of yourself!!!

Old October 5th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Lucero

HI Ladies.....Shelly, glad to hear you are doing much better!!! Well, I've been getting very excited now about the cruise, cant' wait!!! Just booked our airfare. "Yeah" I still need to book our Hotel though, in Long Beach, we've decided to stay at the Holiday Inn. When are you driving down...Friday or Saturday??? Well, good to hear from both of you guys...take care and chat with ya both soon...

God Bless
Candace
Old October 7th, 2004, 06:56 PM
First Mate

Candace Im not sure if we will go down Fri or Sat .Id hate to be snowed in and not be able to get down 395 so we might go Fri n stay w/hubby grandparents for the night.Just a thought....................I AM WITH YOU ON THE EXCITEMENT THING!!!!!!! I cant wait planing ,replaning ,visually packing, unpacking,repacking I cant wait..........

Old October 8th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Herm

Shelly....

So, your driving down then huh? We had also given that some thought as well. Sense, we return to work on Monday we decided we would fly. Let me tell you, I can't wait for the cruise, we didn't do much this year because of moving, so for that reason we are even more excited than usual. It's pretty bad when you look at cruises every day! )) I have to admit we are always excited though. How are you feeling???
Have an awesome day, and I'll chat with ya soon.

Sincerely,
Candace
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

Happy Friday Ladies!!!!

The time is drawing near....the count down clock will be down to two digits in a couple of days.!!:>)))
Since I live in South Orange County....we'll probably leave the house at 9:00am. That early on a Sunday morning....we should be at the dock by 9:30-9:45am.
I too am still mentally packing. I picked up two pairs of skorts at Robinson-May for $5.30 a piece. Everything else is somewhere in my closets. I have one more planned trip to Utah...after that I'll be laying out my suitcases for the cruise.

Have a Great Weekend!!!

Old October 8th, 2004, 06:28 PM
First Mate

WOW what a steal especially at Robinson May kinda pricey there...........I feel really good thanks for asking I even feel better than I did before I had surgery I have been sick for about a year so im hoping that was what it was.........I cant wait to go shopping but im hoping I can lose a little before I go but if not oh well my husband still love me.......
I am so excited about Randis horses I guess well be on that excursion together huh Ramona.....She even said my 3 yr old can have her own horse thats so cool....Well TGIF and hope you all are doing well .I need to go sons freshman football game is gonna start in 30 Min.....Take care chat soon Shelly

Old October 9th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Passenger

Shelly.......sounds like you are recovering!!! Yes....you know when a store is trying to get rid of the summer stuff....they are almost giving it away!!:>))))) I am really looking forward to riding with Randi. I am afraid of horses so I want the brother or sister of the horse your 3 year old rides!:>)))) Also looking forward to the garlic shrimp at the end of the ride!

Old October 9th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Herm

Hi Shelly and Makeup Face:

Hey, I was just wondering which excursion you guys are talking about??? Hope all is well with both of you!!! ))

Candace
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:52 AM
glrounds

I cruised the PRIDE in May (my 9th Mexican Riviera cruise). Beautiful ship, great itinerary, especially since the PRIDE (a Spirit-class ship) is faster than the ELATION and you'll get a longer port stop in Cabo San Lucas. You'll also love the layout of the PRIDE. It is even better than the Conquest-class ships IMHO.

I didn't go, but most of the paxs rave about Randi's Horses in Mazatlan. Private excursion but she is considered incredibly reliable and a great hostess.

Gary
Old October 11th, 2004, 12:39 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

Candice,
We're going to go horseback riding with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. Click on my screen name and email me and I'll send you the information.
Ramona

Post Edited (10-11-04 15:01)
Old October 11th, 2004, 02:12 PM
First Mate

Candace you guys should join us what a fun tour its gonna be.Do you like horses? She has a web site I think its randis happy horses .com. Only 104 days to go.And this is post #80 I wonder how many more we can do in 104 days. Lets make this the biggest post EVER lol....TAlk to you soon Shelly

Old October 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
First Mate

What are you guys doing in PV and Cabo? Im taking my kids to the dolphin swim in PV and Cabo I think we are going to hang out find a beach go to Cabo Wabo..... Any ideas for Cabo? Oh and in PV wered doing the tequila factory on our own though...Cant wait 102 to go.!!!!!!!!! Shelly.............

Old October 13th, 2004, 12:52 PM
sandiegosailor

Any one on the Pride January 16 2004?????
Old October 13th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

Hey Shelly................still working on what to do in PV. For Cabo we'll pretty much be doing the same as you..hanging out and people watching at Cabo Wabo!!:>)))

Old October 13th, 2004, 03:30 PM
First Mate

sounds like fun!!!What about you Candace? Have you thought about the horseback riding?

Old October 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
First Mate

Nope Sandi not the 16th but the 23rd there a few of us going then.So while you are coming off with your (I dont want to go home face) well be getting on with our we cant wait to board smiles but you can stay and wave to us as we leave or try to book another and join us!! Have fun !! We know we will!!!!
Shelly

Old October 13th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Herm

Hi Shelly....

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you guys yet...been very busy. Can you email me off the board at candacelu@hotmail.com and provide a little more info...Thanks...

Candace....Sending lot's of smiles ))
Old October 19th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Default Pride

Candace,

Did you decide to ride Randi's happy horses? Did your hubby enjoy "touring" the Pride?

The time is just flying by....I'm getting excited!!!!!!

Old October 24th, 2004, 02:32 PM
Herm

Hi Makeup Face....

Sorry, it's taken me so longggggggggg )) to get back to you. We still haven't decided yet about Randi's Happy Horses....it does sound like a blast though. We are still giving it some thought. Yes, that was pretty awesome touring the Pride!!! Time is just flying by isn't it!!! Hope things are going well with you!!! Chat with ya soon.

Candace
Old October 25th, 2004, 11:49 AM
First Mate

Good morning ladies.Oh my gosh we only have 90 days to go I cant believe it.... I am so looking forward to this..We are going to have so much fun..how did you guys get to view the Pride Candace? Was it beautiful?
I cant wait !!!!!! Talk too you soon.........Shelly