Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Passenger

Default Decided on Carnival LEGEND...good choice???

We've decided to sail on Carnival Legend out of NYC to San Juan, St. Thomas and Tortola.
Looking forward to hearing from those who have sailed on Legend for their impressions of ship.

Post Edited (07-14-04 16:31)
Sponsored Links
Old July 14th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Decided on Carnival LEGEND...good choice???

Yes! good choice! If you go to the Chit Chat board, click "search" and type in "Legend of a Cruise" (back to Sept. 03) you can read all about our cruise on Legend with the same itinerary, complete with pictures - enjoy!

donna

Old July 25th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Gale & Bob Hanley

Hi Herb: My hubby and I are going on the Legend also based on recommendations from six people on my job. We are going mid august, when are you going. Have fun, all my friends had a good time. Gale
Old July 25th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Admiral

One of my favorite CCL ships. We have cruised on her twice.
Jim

Old July 25th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I cruised the Legend in January of 2003 and I enjoyed the layout of the ship, the food, service and the cabin. I was not overwhelmed with the decor. The aft pool is an excellent meeting place or a great place to just people watch.

I have to again mention the food. I have to admit that I took the cruise with the idea that I was going to have an underwhelming dining experience. I could not have been more wrong. Everything from the main dining room, the buffet and specialty restaurants equaled or exceeded any other ship I have sailed. I was also impressed with the layout of the buffet. The different food stations with different varieties of food made navigating and making choices easy and the flow was excellent.

If they could just do something about the urns, the urns, the urns. <VBG>

You'll have a great time.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old July 26th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

We did the Legend in December and LOVED IT!! If you do a search in the photo gallery you will find some of the pics I posted there. If you have any questions feel free to email me to the addy above. In all there were 15 on our cruise ages ranged from 11 to 52. My hubby and i spent alot of nights in Billie's piano bar our teen girls were at Medusa's Lair Disco. Food was awwwwsome. We booked a 4A and were bumped up to 8F a lovely balocony room #7294 ahhhh the memories!!!

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old July 26th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yes, great choice. In Tortola, book the excursion to The Baths at Virgin Gorda. A little pricey, but since time there is short, safer to do one of the ship's excursions. The Baths are spectacular!
Old July 26th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Admiral

Watch out for the jellyfish at the Baths in Virgin Gorda!

donna

Old July 27th, 2004, 07:00 PM
justreturnedWOW

Default Re: Re: Decided on Carnival LEGEND...good choice???

Virgin Gorda is a beautiful excursion. We just got back from the cruise last night. But, DO NOT BOOK IT THROUGH THE SHIP. We paid $79 per person through the ship. As we travelled to Virgin Gorda we found out that a ferry ride is $20 per person round trip on the Speedy. Taxi rides to the beach from the ferry are $6 round trip and entrance to the beach is $3 per person. For a grand total of $29. Why Carnival charges an extra $50 a person to set it up for you, I don't know. But hey they did give us a free rum drink at the beach (or was it a $50 rum drink?).

Same with St. Thomas. We were smart there and got off the boat. A taxi took us to Coki Beach for $14 round trip per person. There we paid $10 pp for snorkel gear and had the time of our lives. Then the taxi came back and got us and we shopped near the pier. A great day for under $25 per person. I think the ship charges $40 or more for the same type of excursion. I highly recommend Coki Beach, I had fish eating a milkbone biscuits out of my hands. It was the most incredible experience I ever had short of marriage and birthing a child of course! Save all your shopping for St. Thomas. We got wonderful deals on jewelry and liquor. We skipped some liquor purchases thinking we would do some on the ship on the way home. Only to discover that they raised their prices on the way home.

San Juan is a bummer, dirty and the time of arrival leaves little options. We walked the city, went to Barrachina Village for their famous Pina Coladas (amazing) and then to Senor Frogs. Fun but for a younger crowd more.
Old July 27th, 2004, 07:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just got back from the ship the 26th from the 9 day cruise[ We got an extra day because of a medical emergency] and loved the ship. Just to go on the ship I would do the same cruise one more time. San Juan and St Thomas good ports for do it on your own or ship tours but for sure Tortola Do a ship tour. Not much to see on your own. I loved the Dolphin Tour. Expensive and only like 30min but well worth it.