Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Barely back and want to go again, NOW!

We just got back from the Paradise less than three weeks ago and I'm so obsessed with cruising that I can't wait to do another cruise! There must be a 12 step program out there for someone like me!

The Paradise was our first cruise but I absolutely know it won't be our last.

Dh is in the military which makes vacation planning quite a hassle, never knowing very far in advance what dates we can have off for vacation.

We'd like to plan a cruise, just a small 4 day cruise, this December before the holidays where we would take our two small children. I'm already researching it and think we'll be looking at the Holiday out of Mobile, AL simply because it is the closest port to us. Then, I'm thinking even further in advance, we'll plan another 7 nighter for just the two of us probably in very early 2006.

Oh my, how addicting this cruising thing has become.
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Barely back and want to go again, NOW!

I feel your pain! How else do you think I talked hubby into booking a November cruise not 2 weeks after returning from our April cruise?;-)

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old July 15th, 2004, 06:21 PM
Mandybear

I can relate!! My first cruise was with my husband's family in February. We sailed the Destiny from San Juan. It was such an amazing experience - I can hardly wait to go again!

Old July 15th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Jk... it's really an evil plot by a world wide network of master criminals providing the unsuspecting with the best vacation of their lives, where they become so relaxed they lower their guards, and before they've realized it..... they're HOOKED!

Entire neighboorhoods become dilapitated due to lack of maintenance on the homes. People think...No need to repair those damaged and worn roofs; we need the money to cruise.

The economy becomes crippled because no one wants to buy new appliances or furniture. They'd rather book a cruise.

It really gets vicious!!! <VBG>

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will be going on the Paradise on 8/1 and I can hardly wait! I have been on 3 other cruises but our last one was back in 1991. We are now ready to start traveling again now that our son is 9. He was our surprise baby after 20 yrs of marriage. This yr will be our 30th anniversary so I thought we deserved it. The only problem is my addiction is now back!!
I already warned my DH about PCD and told him the only cure was to book another cruise as soon as we get back.
We will see what happens. I am just hoping our son has a good time. He is rather shy so hopefully he will enjoy camp carnival. I can't believe that it is now only a little over 2 weeks to go. YEAH!!!!!
Old July 15th, 2004, 10:39 PM
Admiral

Take it from me...the only 12 step program there is....BOOK ANOTHER ONE..right away..hurry before PCD sets in..(post cruise depression).

Old July 16th, 2004, 05:11 AM
Yeoman

Yes indeed, I know how you feel ! I hate to tell you, in my expierance, it gets worse with every cruise you take . Specially this last cruise on the Conquest. O-man ! Everybody was in a hurry to get off the ship. But not me ! I could live on those ships !

Happy cruising;
david
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Admiral

Kris: I told you so! And what they say is true: the only cure for PCD is to book another one SOON! I am so glad to hear you are already researching another one to share with your kids, I'm sure they will enjoy it as much as you and James did! I wish we could go with you too - it was fun cruising with you on the Paradise! Drop by "Chit Chat for Cruisers" (under "People") some time and introduce yourself!

donna

Post Edited (07-16-04 08:45)