Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2004, 10:27 PM
KN

Default spas

Anyone ever tried out the spa on the boats? Are they very expensive?
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Re: spas

I would love to know the answer to that also like how much to get your nails done on board? Ro
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: spas

I'd like to know if they do make-up application and if so, the cost. Also, the cost for an 'up-do' hairstyle.

Old July 16th, 2004, 06:55 AM
behey26

I dont remember exactly how much it was but yes the spa's on board were much more expensive then they are here. People say to wait til the end of the cruise- the spa's will discount their prices then.
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Passenger

I have yet to try the spa's on carnival, but Princess' prices weren't that bad, but I got ripped off. At the end of the hair appointment, the stylist put these two rhinestone bobby pins in my hair, which matched my jewlery for formal night. I was impressed. Until I saw the bill, they were $15.oo a piece- so the hairstyle was 65.00, then add the tip on that and then $30.oo bucks for fancy bobby pins. No thank you.
The massages were decent though, an no complaints. I had three all together on the 11 day trip. About $120.oo-$265.oo depending on what you want.
The $265.oo one was a pedicure OR facial as you're in a whirpool relaxing bubble bath and then a one hour massage. Pedicure and manicures I think ran about $60.oo or so.
Very nice facilities. Looking forward to the spa on carnival!

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:43 AM
Passenger

I love using the spas. We just had a nice Carnival cruise and used it a LOT.
DId a facial, a whole body massage, a couples massage & a exfoliation deep cleansing massage. Plus we used the gym facilities. They were wonderful and staff very knowledgable. VERY well worth it.

They do discount or give bonuses to clients closer to the end of the week.....so if you are trying to be "thrifty", then you would want to wait till then to do some of the masages, etc. Nails, up do's, etc were NOT discounted. Personally, I like my own manicurist at home.....I get my nails and toes done every three weeks. Do that right before you go on board. It is less expensive and then you will have that time to do something else!

Watch the capers for the spas "advertisements".

Enjoy and take full advantage of the spa and their staff! Like I said, well worth it and so enjoyable.
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:18 PM
KN

thanks
Old July 16th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

I found the spa prices to be much higher than at home. My daughter, who has hair to the middle of her back, was quoted, as I recall, $110 for an updo. Toward the end of the week and on port days they do run specials.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 16th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

I got a haircut and style on the Fantasy in 2001. It was a little pricey, but worth every penny! The stylist, Vida, really knew her stuff and told me in great detail what she was doing, so that I could relay the info to my normal hairdresser.

I never had to move from the chair - even the sink was rolled over to me! After asking a few questions about my job, lifestyle, and home, Vida recommended the best style for the shape of my face, that would hold up in the constant Florida humidity, and not get in my eyes as I worked. My hair was several inches shorter when I left the spa, but I was thrilled with the way it looked and had no problem styling it!

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:23 PM
gp

I went on the Fantasy last month, and did use the spa. On the day of embarkment, the spa did a drawing for $100 in free services if you dropped off a coupon and came back for the drawing at 7pm. Only about 25 people were there, and they drew several names until they drew someone who was present. The also handed out 20% coupons just for being there. Then, the next evening, a coupon for 35% off was delivered to my cabin for the final day, which was a day at sea. We only had 1 in port day, but they did offer discounted packages, which was $110 for a 1/2 hour massage, facial and foot massage. Although it was excellent, they do attempt to sell you the items that they used on your facial.