Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2004, 01:06 PM
Mike32114

Default Conquest Question - SUR MER

Hi Conquest Cruisers,

What is the Sur Mer? What type of food is sereved and at what times?

21 days and counting...

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Conquest Question - SUR MER

Sur Mer is another of the alternate dining options - a seafood restaurant. Haven't heard from anyone how the food is, but I have heard that it's often overlooked.

I'm not a seafood lover, but my husband is. Anybody know how it is?

Old July 16th, 2004, 05:14 PM
akennedy

Default Re: Re: Conquest Question - SUR MER

Since the food is free go up and try it you may like it. I didn't care for it but I'm from
Baton Rouge where the seafood is plentiful. If you are hungry when you go down stairs the buffet is still there..
Old July 16th, 2004, 06:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

We went on the Conquest last summer. If this is the private restraunt above the buffet line, can't remember exactly, it was about $25. extra per person andyou had to have a reservation. Someone else may know for sure??

TC

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:44 PM
Passenger

This dining room is above the buffet area. It is free. Most people don't climb the stairs to find it.

Freedom of Seas 1/10, Carnival Freedom 1/08, Carribean Princess 1/07, Navigator of Seas 1/05, Voyager of Seas 7/04, Conquest 12/03, Explorer of Seas 1/02, Victory 12/00, Triumph 9/99, Paradise 12/99, Big Red Boat 12/94, Noordam 1/90, Volendam 5/82

Old July 16th, 2004, 09:49 PM
akennedy

Default Re: Re: Conquest Question - SUR MER

the point is the alternative dinning room that cost $25.00. I hear it is well worth the money.
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:24 AM
luckycajun

I just returned from this cruise. SUR MER is very good. It's on level 10 above the main buffet lines. Its a little hard to find, but when you are in the main buffet dining area, look for a spiral staircase going up 1 floor, or simply ask a Carnival person. Just walk up, the food is free. We had fried oysters, boilibae (spelling)...like a soup/gumbo with shrimp, clams, mussles, etc., and some fried fish. Not many people know about this place, so it wasn't crowded when we went.
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Passenger

We looked at it when we were on the Conquest. It wasn't open when we were up there. Never did make it back to try it but heard it was very good and the blue fried oysters? were not to be missed. It isn't a spiral staircase. Where the two lines come together at the end of the buffets, there is the dessert area. Behind the dessert area there are two staircases. These will take you to Sur Mer. Hope you enjoy it!
Old July 17th, 2004, 11:54 AM
meh

Is there anything like that on the victory?
Old July 17th, 2004, 01:52 PM
cajuncrab

It is a seafood restaurant. It does not cost anything extra. When I ate there, they had oysters (not good), calamari, and a few other things. The seafood soup was good.

It's worth a try, but if you don't like it, don't worry about it, it was free, you could just leave it there and go get something else.

The deli has good sandwhiches, and there's always the buffet or dining room. My boyfriend said they had a chinese place somewhere in there, but I never got to try it.

Oh and Sur Mar is open for lunch. I am not positive on the hours. I think maybe 12-3 or 11-2.

Have a great time, the Conquest is fabulous!