Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:16 PM
cajuncrab

Default Carnival Pride / Los Angeles

Hi Everyone!

I am going on the Carnival Pride in Sept. 2005 to the Mexican Riviera. We are flying to L.A. a few days before the cruise to do some sight seeing. Does anyone recommend a good hotel in the Long Beach/LA area and what to see and do?

Also any recommendations for the Pride and Mexican Riviera?
Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2004, 04:48 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise
Default Re: Carnival Pride / Los Angeles

Well, as far as convenience goes the Queen Mary (1) is a floating hotel right there at the port which you can do an early check in at...

Old July 17th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Admiral

Hey Canjuncrab - we are planning that trip as well - around the 18th or 19th of September - 2005. Our 10th anniversary. I think we have decided to stay at the Queen Mary pre-cruise, just for the experience. Has anyone stayed on her. How does the Carnival boarding work from the Queen Mary - can you start early - like 11:00 a.m.? Thanks for any info - TTFN Jennifer
Old July 18th, 2004, 01:00 PM
First Mate

Well I looked into that as well and isnt that great of a deal if you are driving because you still have to pay for the parking which is $10.00 per day the night on the Queen Mary is $120 and up and you can also do a pre boarding through the QM even if you dont stay the night on her.You just arrive early and checkin.........There are some hotels that offer free parking for the week and a shuttle...Check like expedia or some of those things for that area....

Old July 18th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Passenger

Holiday Inn Downtown (1133 Atlantic Avenue, Long Beach, CA 90813 - Tel: 1-562-5908858 Fax: 1-562-9831607) is located just minutes from the Long Beach Convention Center, The Aquarium of the Pacific, The Pike at Rainbow Harbor, Carnival Cruise Terminal, The Classic Queen Mary, Catalina Express, and much more. The best features are the outdoor heated pool & jacuzzi and complimentary shuttle service within a 3 mile radius. And since it's about 2 miles from the Cruise terminal, you don't have to worry about transfers to the boat. It'll set you back about $75 a night, but its central location is primo!

Check out www.visitlongbeach.com for info on other stuff to do around Long Beach. This website also includes a suggested itinerary for 1-5 days, and also has other hotel and attraction special deals.
Old July 18th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Passenger

Default P.S.

I'll see you on the ship... we're going on that same sailing!
Old July 18th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I can recommend teh Holiday Inn too (especially for price). They were more than happy to shuttle us to the pier.

Also the Coast Hotel has a stay and park package for $149 a night I hear. I've stayed there, too -- really big rooms and you can literally walk to teh Queen Mary (though it's a little long of a walk with luggage.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old July 18th, 2004, 06:43 PM
BonnieN

Default Re: Re: Carnival Pride / Los Angeles

Carnival early check at the Queen Mary opens at 9:30 am and closes about noon. After that time you have to check in inside the dome. They have two lines in front of the dome, one for those who have checked in at the QM and one if you haven't. The dome allows you in around noon.

If you're staying on the QM, you can go down and check in on the first level in the back of the QM and then go back to our room and check out. This way you don't have to carry your luggage while you check in.
Old July 19th, 2004, 01:13 AM
cajuncrab

Thanks for your help. Our ship leaves Sept. 25, I beleive.

Cajuncrab
Old July 19th, 2004, 09:19 AM
Cheri Palmer

Default Re: Re: Carnival Pride / Los Angeles

Hey Cajun,

We are taking that same cruise but on the 4th of Sept. I will keep watching the boards for more info.

Have a great time!
Old July 19th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Passenger

We stayed at the Coast Long Beach Hotel the night before our Pride cruise earlier this month. The hotel is nice and very convenient. They have a deal where you can park your car at the hotel during the cruise.

Elise