Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Glory Dining Room Question

Are there more tables for two on the top or bottom in the main dining room? Where are these tables for two located? Has anyone requested a table for two ahead of time and actually received it or did you have to go see the Maitre 'D upon boarding?

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2004, 04:21 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Glory Dining Room Question

We noticed several tables for two on the top level. Unfortunately they are sort of stuck in the walkway - with larger tables on either side. Seems to me like they stick them anywhere there is room. And they did seem very small. We had a table for four and the others never showed up so it worked out nicely for us. I noticed you've been on the Pride- What did you think of her? We are planning the mex riviera for next September. If you have any Glory questions just e-mail me. She was wonderful!!! Jennifer
Old July 20th, 2004, 12:38 AM
First Mate

Our table for two wasn't too bad...it was inbetween two larger tables and we became somewhat aquainted with the people at both of those tables. We didn't ask for a table for two...but I guess they felt we wanted one since we were celebrating our anniversary.
I would suggest asking ahead of time if that is the kind of table you want. We had plenty of room and our service was a good as usual.
Old July 20th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Glory Dining Room Question

Jennifer:

The Pride is a beautiful elegent ship!!! We all loved her. The food, entertainment, crew, and even the passengers were WONDERFUL!! Not one complaint. Would sail on her again in a heartbeat. If you have any specific questions, please email me and I'd be happy to answer them.

I'd love to hear your review of the Glory. We are looking forward to our upcoming February sail. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary so a table for two is important to us. I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will go ahead and assign our table for two ahead of time (since I told them it was our anniversary) so we don't have to wait in line and make other arrangements with the Maitre D upon boarding - too many other 'fun' things to be doing

Thanks for your input.

Old July 20th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Passenger

We had a table for 2 on the Glory and it was fine. It looks small at first, but it isn't. You'll find it plenty big enough for the two of you. Plus, you won't be poking elbows while you eat.. Happy Sailing.. Bombero