Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Night Owl Cabins?

Has anyone every sailed in a night owl cabin aboard the ship. Our family is going to sail next July on the Destiny and we see that if we book now we can get an inside room on the upper deck for $699. I was wondering how noisy the rooms get. Noise does not bother me, but I am asking before I tell the rest of my family to book these rooms.

I was told that the rooms are right under the night club and that the lights are in sync with the lights from the club. Is that true?

Post Edited (07-21-04 10:22)
Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:21 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Night Owl Cabins?

When Destiny first sailed a few years back there was an article in the NY papers on how they had discovered that this group of cabins that was in close proximity to the nightlife was way too noisy and how they even considered converting them to something else. Unless you intend to be a part of the party, I would spend a few dollars more and get a cabin elsewhere. If I recall the article correctly the noise was bad.
Old July 21st, 2004, 10:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks. I am going to keep investigating. Someone else told me that it was not too bad.

Legend OTS 12/26/07
Carnival Destiny 7/1/07
Radiance OTS 12/26/06
Carnival Destiny 7/17/2005
Carnival Inspiration 12/30/2001 - Honeymoon
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:54 AM
Passenger

On our honeymoon on the destiny (5 Years ago) Our friends unknowingly stayed in what is now called the "Night-Owl Staterooms"- this wasn't even near the nightclub,I think it was over the piano bar. They said the noise of obnoxious drunk people lasted until about 2am. - They got a huge rebate on the room, they fired their TA and got a free bottle of champagne from carnival. Unless you intend on partying until the bars close, get a better room. Good Luck.
S~

Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Familiar Face

My group had a row of these cabins on the Destiny and it was the worst. The bass from the disco vibrated the floors well into the wee hours of the morning each and every night. Even ear plugs didn't help. Unfortunatly the ship was full no other rooms to put us in.
I would only take one of these rooms if I were the really late night person that hit the sack around 3 or 4 am.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 11:43 AM
Happy Camper

I stayed in one in 1996 just to get on the Destiny (new then) for a good price. We usually stay up and thought it wouldn't be a problem but I got the flu and was sick so it was a problem. It was loud up until around 3-4am. (not 2am) and all you hear is the base and the floor even vibrates with it. If you heard the music it would be better but you only hear base and that is extremely anoying. By the way some dinner mates gave me earplugs and I was fine but I would not book them unless you realize it is BAD! Debbie
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Night Owl Cabins?

Thank you for all of your input in this matter. My husband is insisting on this cabin, but after reading I don't think I want to book one of these. We will probably just go with a gurantee cabin instead. My husband is a night owl though and would be out till 3 or 4 am.

Legend OTS 12/26/07
Carnival Destiny 7/1/07
Radiance OTS 12/26/06
Carnival Destiny 7/17/2005
Carnival Inspiration 12/30/2001 - Honeymoon