CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   skyauction.com? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/198666-skyauction-com.html)

birthday girl July 21st, 2004 10:29 AM

skyauction.com?

Has anyone booked their Carnival cruise through this site? They have some incredible looking deals, but I'm wondering if they are too good to be true. Any feedback would be appreciated!

TNT July 21st, 2004 10:47 AM

Re: skyauction.com?

We bid and won with them. Very easy transaction. Got docs on Monday with time to spare. We will definitely use them again. I paid 150.00 per person less than I found anywhere else. Just watch your bid and never bid more than what it is worth. Happy bidding.

ewtonjg July 21st, 2004 12:45 PM

Hi,
I bid on a Carnival cruise on the Elation and won. We have not taken our cruise yet, 10/24/04, but so far everything has been OK. All our information is correct on the Carnival website. So far I have not seen the price for this cruise any lower than what I paid for it, $422.00 per person inside gty. Can't wait !

Jim Bragg July 21st, 2004 01:25 PM

Watch for 'hidden' charges like port and taxes and any other 'fees' they tack on. IN addition I never book with anyone that I can't call up on the phone and immediately get in touch with.
Jim

leahmichele July 21st, 2004 03:41 PM

I've heard of people having problems with them. Check out the BBB website:

[http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessre...ction=search1]

leahmichele July 21st, 2004 03:43 PM

BBB Link--Take 2:

http://www.bbbnewyork.org/businessre...action=search1

hockeyluver July 22nd, 2004 09:35 AM

I know a lady who's mother and aunt won an auction for a 7 day bahama cruise for $40 they had to pay the port and taxes on top of that but still cheap!!!

triathlete July 22nd, 2004 10:50 AM

I've read a lot of negative comments about them on other boards. One tip: don't book anything last minute through them.

I would also recommend that you use the CruiseMates Bargain Finder (CruiseCompete) as well. You may find you get a lower rate--and you can actually talk to the agent.

Cheers!

pnorth July 22nd, 2004 01:25 PM

I also won an auction with them and will cruise next March. They have me a 1-800 number and address to reach them with any questions. You do need to watch the surcharge cost for the dates you want to sail. Example, 130.00 per person for the specific date I wanted to sail. It still beat any prices I could find on my own by a couple hundred. I can use that savings for my tours. Yeh, can't wait!

AhoyBoy July 22nd, 2004 03:24 PM

I have done 5 vacations at Skyauction. (1 Sandles resort, 3 condo time shares and 1 cruise. Always was satisfied. I got a little worried about the cruise because they sent e-docs for Royal Caribbean not long before sailing. I needed booking numbers to arrange tours and such and they responded usually within a couple days about my requests. They prefer to answer by e-mail which is fine if you have time. I may have saved about 50-100 dollars off of two auctions I won for the cruise Each auction was only for two people so I needed to win two so the whole family could go. I had to bid like a wild man to win the second only through necessity.
The rooms happened to be across the hall from each other. I think they get group rooms from travel agents that either go belly-up or give them up to auction. I like their format and I think you can get some deals if your flexible. Good luck!

ewtonjg July 22nd, 2004 05:53 PM

After I won my cruise with them I emailed them and asked if I could get another cabin for the same price and they responded with a yes, so our friends will be joining us. On the hidden charges - it tells you exactly how much more at the bottom of each cruise auction and how much more for certain dates, also they have a 15.00 booking charge. They only charged us one time for both cabins. They give you an 800 number you can call with any questions. So far they have been great. We can't wait.

Elation
10/24/04

Don L S July 23rd, 2004 12:13 PM

HAPPY BIRTHDAY -BIRTHDAY GIRL from sunny W. Palm Beach. I'am heading south to Cozumel on a 4nighter on Carnival's ship Fascination booked thru ******* ((Travel Agency name deleted by staff)) my outside window cabin was $229 pp There may still be inside cabins avalible for $229pp Supper deal out of Miami Another website that prices I believe afford even the homeless the luxury of cruising is(( **************Another agency name deleted as this is not allowed)) Ever week they'll post you the top 25 value vacations. Somewhere circa Oct 27 on Princess Cruise Lines they are offering the first of three cruises to the southern Caribbean 11days at a special fare of $699pp leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale visiting 5 or 6 islands in the chain From St. Thomas (where I once had a great life experience to work and live on the paradise island of St. John's in then laid back and undeveloped 1990 Corral Bay east end of St. John's) to the far end south islands of St. Vincent and Grenda. Go to the library and visiually enjoy some pictures of senery and reading about these different islands. One of the greatest experiences on one of my travels was exploring the island of Tobago and bringing the memories and thoughts that awoke in my mind as I slamed on the brakesin the middle of a hecktic business day. I stopped exhale deeply and inhale deeply and a thought in past experience and arose. In the moment of taking the time to experience a deep breath my imagination took me back to standing in the mountainious rain forest with the visual beauty of the canopy of greenery below me flowing into the shades of Caribbean blue seas highlighed with multiple colors of free flying birds and the air that I was breathing was differently freshing as I could almost see it rising with the mist from my feet to the tip of my nose. Thought for the day always take the time for yourself as in the moment it can be a picture of a 1000 words for the future. It's been fun chatting with you and sharing thoughts . No need to go to the gym to day as in conversation and exploring thought it strengthens the mind as well as the body. Let me know what how your cruise shopping goes til then to you Happy Birthday and The Good Life, Vita La Bella-Don-

birthday girl July 29th, 2004 10:37 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice. Don, you must be an aspiring author. My goodness. And thanks for the birthday wishes. Birthdays are the best day of the whole year so why not pretend you're having one everyday? :)

billy b August 6th, 2004 02:32 PM

I used them to book a cruise on the triumph we ended up paying $460 per person for a 7 day cruise Outside cabin.

Yes you can not call them right away but after exchanging emails for 1 day they gave me a number to call.

I will use them again.

peace
billyb
21 days to go

HOSKI August 6th, 2004 03:26 PM

If you are familar with cruising, pricing and can be flexible or willing to lose they can be the way to go. I booked a cruise and another trip thru them and the customer service has been good. We leave in two weeks on the first trip and Sept. on the cruise. Just be careful to not get carried away in the bidding.

Jack & Erlinda August 7th, 2004 07:25 PM

We have used them many times for cruises - it's fun! Good prices, but just be aware of all the extra fees (which they outline for you). We always are given an 800 number and have found the staff very nice and helpful!