Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:16 PM
Passenger

Default New Orleans Hotel/Parking Pkgs.

Hello, I got a great deal today on the Hilton Riverside Hotel in NO and I wanted to pass the info. on to any of you who might be sailing out of NO.

The NO C&VB gave me a link to info. regarding different pre/post cruise packages around the port (http://www.nomcvb.com/travelagent/cruisedetails.htm). I called the Hilton toll-free # (1-800-Hiltons) and requested the code "HILTON CRUISIN" and received a 99.00/night for a 2 bed deluxe room that includes free 7 day parking while we are at sea (a $84 value). The total with tax came to $114.87 for a Nov. date. This appears to be a great deal since we would have to pay for parking anyway. Basically, we are getting the room for $30.87 for a Saturday night. I was told the Hilton Riverside is 8/10 of a mile from the cruise ship port, so this is going to work out real well. The package price is only good for the Sat. night stay and you need to show the front desk your cruise docs. in order to get the rate. I inquired about Friday night and it was $279.00 for the night, plus $22.00 to park the car. I got the Four Points Sheraton by the airport in Metairie for a bid of $30.00 for the Friday night. With tax, the room will be $40.12. The room on their website is going for $149.00/nite.

To learn more about bidding for travel, go to www.betterbidding.com. It was extremely helpful and I saved quite a bit of money by doing a little bit of research first.

Also, in case anyone is interested, the Hilton does accept debit cards to pay for the room as long as it has a MC or Visa logo on it.

Mary in KC
Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2004, 06:24 PM
linda t.

Default Re: New Orleans Hotel/Parking Pkgs.

That is a great deal. I've got 2 rooms booked for our cruise in Sept. The Maison St Charles also has a cruise special. It's like 85.00 a night and 5.00 a night parking. They take you to the port and give you 2 free drinks in their bar. I had a hard time deciding between the 2.
Old July 22nd, 2004, 08:47 PM
Passenger

I wish they would have had that option back in 2003 when we stayed at the Hilton precruise! That is an excellent deal!
Old July 22nd, 2004, 09:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: New Orleans Hotel/Parking Pkgs.

We are staying at the Hilton Riverside Saturday night. It is a little more if you have more than two people over l9 in your room. Our one daughter is 20 so we had to pay more. We had a great debate over the Maison and the Hilton also.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

The Hilton is also in an excellent location. Right across the street from Harrah's, the street car is right there to take you to the French Market/Jackson Square, French Quarter is a short walk. RiverWalk shopping and restaurants are right there, the Aquarium and Imax Theater are too. We are staying at the Hilton too. Have fun!

Old July 27th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Admiral

lindaT..just sent you an email thanking you for your post..I just booked the Maison for Dec..again thank you.

Old July 27th, 2004, 11:23 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t
Default Re: Re: New Orleans Hotel/Parking Pkgs.

I'm glad I could help John. Thanks for the email. It was so sweet..... Linda