Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 23rd, 2004, 05:06 AM
BJKeen

Default Coming to Tampa

If you are coming to Tampa today, the weather is suppose to be great. It sure is a relief to see the sunshining brightly again. Saturday we are suppose to go back to summer showers they do not normally last long. The four days of rain last weekend was unusual; we do not normally see rain like that during the summer unless we have a tropical disturbance.
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2004, 06:48 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Coming to Tampa

Can u tell me how the weather usually is in the beginning of January......

Thanks
Old July 23rd, 2004, 07:50 AM
sls

Do you get thunderstorms in the late afternoon? We usually do here on the panhandle new Pensacola. This week has been boomer free though.

sls
Old July 23rd, 2004, 05:06 PM
bjkeen

Normally January is lovely, sunny and cool.

SLS-Yes we do get showers in the afternoon.
Old July 23rd, 2004, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Sun in Dunedin and Tarpon was hot today way to humid.....................................Ro
Old July 24th, 2004, 06:06 AM
bjkeen

Here is the normal weather for the 12 months.
January- is fantastic, sunny but cold to us natives.
February- is the rotten month, gray skies most always cold and rainy.
March-Fantastic weather, not to hot not to cold and not to humid.
April-Lovely weather, cool but not cold and sunny.
May-hot, humid and sunny and summer showers are beginning.
June-hotter, humid, sunny and summer showers.
July-hot, humid, sunny and summer showers.
Aug.-Very hot, very humid, sunny and summer showers.
Sept.-Cooling off and pleasant-showers continue.
Oct.-Cooler weather and pleasant.
Nov.-wonderful weather and cooler.
Dec.-spectacular weather, low humidity and sunny.

My neighbors from up north used to laugh at me in January in my coat when I thought it was cold 35-40. Now their blood is thin from the heat like native Floridians and they are cold too at the above temps.

I can't complain, how many states normally have sun shine 11 months out of the year?
Old July 24th, 2004, 06:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

WOW...that run down could be where I live in Southern California...except you would need to remove all the chances of summer showers and just move them to Jan-Feb and March and maybe a few in April. We don't get rain in the summer, but maybe a rare thunderstorm for 2 or three days at the most. Oh yeah, and you would have to remove the humidity too...although it has been more humid here in the last few years than it used to be, but nothing like Florida. We are more desert tropical here, so it is dryer.

My daughter went off to college in Chicago and she had the shock of her life last year. As a California girl she would freeze walking through the frozen food section at the grocery store. Her thinned blood kept her looking like a woolly mammoth for most of the winter. The funny thing was, the room mate they assigned her is from Tampa....neither of them were ready for the winter and alot of the kids at the school got a big kick out of the Cali-girl and Florida-girl and their reactions to the snow and freezing temps. It will be interesting to see if they do better this coming year.

We are headed to Tampa next week to embark on our first cruise and are very excited. We are going to be visiting my daughter's room mate and her family for a few days after the cruise. I guess, by the looks of your rundown, we are going to be visiting in the most hot and humid month of the year. After all I have heard about the weather in the Caribbean this time of year, though, by the time we get off our 7 day cruise...we should be ready for the weather Tampa has to offer. :o)

Review & Photos

Old July 24th, 2004, 07:27 AM
RA

We depart out of tampa tomorrow. Hopefully your still having great weather!
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Re: Re: Coming to Tampa

Rain in the afternoon is predicted for the rest of the week. This is standard for this time of year since we are into the Hurricane Months. Ro
Old July 25th, 2004, 05:40 AM
First Mate

Hi BJ,

Technically, the blood does not thin. The reason so many people in the North think that it may be, is because of the humidity along with the cold temps that make it seem much colder. I am a former native of Miami, and many of the tourists complained about the same thing. I have heard people say that at 45 to 60 degrees seemed much colder than the weather was back home. Since we have moved to Georgia, I can see why. I can go outside in 40's and still not need a sweater.

Marty

12/12/04 Miracle, from Tampa