Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2004, 08:11 AM
Pattyk

Default plugs

I have read that there are not alot of plugs on the miracle what I want to know is how close to the bed is there a plug .I need to know how long of an extention cord I need to bring with me. I am also taking a powerstrip
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:46 AM
ginamarie

Default Re: plugs

Honestly, I don't remember there being plugs right next to the bed, but we were in a handicapped room, so it may have been different. I know there was a plud in the bathroom, and there was also a plug on the desk area. Those were the only ones we used though. I would bring a battery operated clock with you on the ship though, as there's no way of knowing the time in you rcabin, especially if you have an inside cabin! We had a cell phone with us, so I had to use the clock on there, though of course I had to get out of bed to check the time because the cell phone was plugged in on the desk!
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:52 AM
First Mate

Unless there are more than 2 of you in the cabin I would think the power strip would be all you would need. Also, the plug in the bathroom is ONLY for shavers so don't count on plugging anything else in there.
Old July 24th, 2004, 11:55 AM
fabrizzi

Forgive my ignorance, but why would you need a power bar?
How many items would you want to plug in at the same time anyway?

The only items requiring electricity my wife brings are the hairdryer and curling iron. We've never needed many receptacles. As stated above there usually is a receptacle around the desk area and one in the bathroom. If you want to bring an extension cord buy one with multiple plugs (usually 3) at the end. A 10 - 12 foot cord should be enough to move around the cabin.
Old July 24th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Admiral

fabrizzi,

I totally agree with you. I've only taken an extension cord with 3 plugs and it takes up less room in the luggage. Roll it up and put it in my husband's dress shoe. We only needed it when the boys would cruise with us for their cd players and other misc items.

MARINER 8/29/2004, SPIRIT 11/17/2004
Star Princess 2003, Glory 2003
Star Princess 2002, NCL Star 2002
Westerdam 2001, Inspiration 2001
Jubilee 1989, Jubilee 1991, Elation 1999
Azure Seas 1982, Tropicale 1988
Old July 24th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Pattyk

Default Re: Re: plugs

thanks everyone I just saw everyone say to bring a power strip thought maybe we needed one too but I will take your word on this.