Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2004, 01:26 PM
KN

Default excursions

we are going on the Conquest In Oct and was wondering if anyone could tell me about some good things to do with out going broke there is 3 kids going...And is the weather hot that time of year.Here are our ports: Montego Bay ,Grand Cayman ,Cozumel Any help would be wonderful
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Admiral

Default Re: excursions

KN- book privately for the GCayman stingray sandbar cruise. I am pretty sure we are going to do it through Soto's and the a.m.excursion, and it is US$25/pp. You did not mention ages of your kids.(Ours are 13,7)
Cozumel:I hear Chankanaab Park is an inexpensive taxi ride and then entrance fee. There are also other beaches(some with no fee??) to choose from besides Chan.Park. We plan on doing some souvenir,cheap jewelry for the kids -shopping in Coz.
Montego Bay-definitely get lots of advice on this one!!!!!!!!!!
Read the excursions/destinations for info. There is a ton of info. Have fun deciding and let us know what you choose/how it went!

Old July 25th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Passenger

I went shopping in downtown Cozemel in the morning and we went to PLaya Mia beach in the afternoon. It is a beautiful beach and has plenty to do! We had some friends who went on the Pirates lobster dinner cruise and they had a blast. Hope this helps.
Old July 25th, 2004, 02:58 PM
mcsheehy

Definitely choose an excursion in Montego Bay. We took a bus to downtown and hated it. The natives were constantly trying to sell us stuff, and my husband and I didn't feel all that safe.

We were on a budget, too, and decided to only do excursions on Grand Cayman and Cozumel. If I went again, I'd buy an excursion at Montego Bay and forego one at Cozumel. We snorkeled at Cozumel but could see the ship the whole time. So you could get your own snorkel gear and walk to a beach and snorkel from there just as easily. I also met some people who just taxied to the city and went shopping.

Definitely go to Stingray City at Grand Cayman. We went on the excursion where we went to Hell (a city), the turtle farm, and Stingray City. The turtle farm would be fun for the kids.
Old July 25th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Admiral

I second Chakanaab park - absolutely beautfful - lots to see - gardens, sea life, swimming etc. TTFN Jennifer
Old July 25th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Passenger

Went to Chankanaab-beautiful! But next time we're going to Paradise Beach-taxi fare and NO entrance fee! Have heard great things about it, lots of stuff for kids to do such as water trampoline and fake iceberg to climb.
Have fun!