Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Lenin Jersey

Default Re: Carnival Legend 7/26 delayed

We did make the best of the situation and like I said, we had a great time. Some people were still complaining on the 7th day of the trip which was silly. But I think some people complain just for the sake of complaining. Some people wanted to withold tips. But that would have only punished the innocent workers on the ship who had no control over this (and probably don't make much money and had to work that day anyway).

Before leaving the ship, I did get a letter with a claim number which I am supposed to send to Carnival. I intend to do that, but just have gotten to it yet.
Old August 28th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Legend 7/26 delayed

Lenin Jersey,

When did you get this letter? iI didn't receive one. I wonder if I can call them about it.
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:33 PM
Lenin Jersey

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Legend 7/26 delayed

You had to ask for the letter at the information desk during the cruise. Some people did it early in the week. I did it on the second to last day, and they left it in my mailbox the last night. Though I have a claim number i hope its not too late to do anything with it. we've been back for a month already and i haven't done anything yet.
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Legend 7/26 delayed

"And if anyone thinks, this should be the cost of doing business, and they should have insurance to cover all the eventualities, had best be prepared to pay ALOT more for their cruise vacations to cover those expenses"

AMEN TO THAT!

Old August 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Legend 7/26 delayed

That is very strange that I was never made aware that I needed to do that. I did get a letter when first got on the ship detailing the situation and the $20.00 credit but I never heard about requesting an additional letter at the information desk. I guess I will have to email Carnival and ask about it since we are considerng a cruise on the Carnival Conquest. Thanks for heads up.
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Lenin Jersey

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Legend 7/26 delayed

Actually, when I complained to Carnival on the phone when they made the original call to us about the delay, I tried to get somewhere with them at the time. After a few minutes, it became obvious that this was an exercisei in futility. But they did tell me to speak with the Pursar while on board. So I did, but I didn't do it till near the end of the trip. Thats when they gave me the letter with the claim number. I don't expect any money back (which I STILL believe is the right thing) but I'm guessing they will give a discount on a future cruise.