Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Mary91

Default Back from Conquest 7/18/04.

Had a great time.........Any Questions??
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2004, 03:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Back from Conquest 7/18/04.

Going in September. Please tell me it was fabulous. What excursion did you do in Jamaica? Any scuba recommendations? Did you book excursions through carnival or outside agencies? How was the food, and what was the attire on ship? What kind of cabin did you have, and were you happy with it? Have you cruised before? That's about it, I guess.
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:04 PM
KN

wondering the same thing we are going in Oct
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Mary91

Default Re: Re: Back from Conquest 7/18/04.

We didn't do any excursions in Jamaica. We wish we had just stayed on the boat at that port. We didn't care for Jamaica at all. We did however go to Margaritaville it was fun. If you do an excursion it might be different. We booked the stingray excursion through carnival in Grand Cayman and loved it. Grand Cayman is beautiful. In cozumel we went to paradise beach it was fun and also did some shopping had a good time there. The food was ok. We had an outside cabin with the window they were plenty roomy and nice. The attire on the ship was casual. At dinner I did see people that wore jeans. On formal night everyone was dressed up, but not to dressy. We did have the early seating. If you are a sucker for buying pictures like I am they can be pricey. We have cruised before on the holiday ship, overall this was a great trip we loved it and had so much fun! They just need to skip the port in Jamaica.
Old July 27th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Yeoman

I agree with Mary ! The wife and I have been to the western carribean 3 times all on different cruise ships. On our last visit to Jamica, we stayed on the ship and took advantage of the empty pools and hot tubs. A empty pool or hot tub is a rare sight on a huge mega liner like the Conquest.

Grand Cayman and Cozumel, I could spend a week easy, at each one. Both have beautiful water, and both are pretty clean islands.

Your going to love the Conquest ! We sailed on her in Aug. 2003 ! We personally didn't have any complaints at all.The service, food, and staff was wonderful !
We had an outside balcony room on the 8'th floor, at the back of the ship. Once you have a balcony, there's no going back to a regular room.
Hope you have a wonderful time and a great cruise !

Happy sailing;
David
Old July 27th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t
Default Re: Re: Back from Conquest 7/18/04.

I agree about Jamaica. We are going in Sept and will either be staying on the ship or going to Sunset Beach resort. Its an all inclusive hotel not to far from the pier. From what I've read you pay 20.00 a person and get to use all the amenities of the hotel. Food, open bar and all the water activities they have are included in the price. It sounds like a good deal.