Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2004, 10:53 PM
Admiral

Default Carnival Conquest roll call..12/05/04

sign in if you are going

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Conquest roll call..12/05/04

bump

Old July 30th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Admiral

Hope this road is not as bumpy for you BJ. I am SURE you will find someone here, maybe not until a bit closer?!! I bet by Oct. you will find a few people!!

Old July 30th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Admiral

I hope so..>G<

Old August 6th, 2004, 07:01 PM
Admiral

Bump

Old August 8th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Wade

Default Re: Re: Carnival Conquest roll call..12/05/04

My parents, sister and I will be on this sailing. Already getting excited. Trying to decide on hotel the night before and excursions during. Any input?

Wade
Old August 8th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Admiral

Wade..we booked the Maison St Charles and they will let you park your car there for the week at 5.00 a night..be sure to ask for the cruise package..I think we booked for 137.00 not incl tax for a Sat nite and that includes all parking and they will take you to the ship in a Limo..when you get back you take a taxi to the hotel for 7.00 pp..hope that helps out. The Hotel is an old historic bldg but in very good shape..tgo to google search and just type in " Maison st Charles. You should find the web site; Also..where are you coming in from? Did you book the Rusty Wallce group cruise or just the cruise itself?

Post Edited (08-08-04 15:47)
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:56 PM
Wade

Thanks for the info! I'll see what I can find out about the Maison St. Charles.

We're coming in from Alabama, so we could feasibly just drive down on the sail date. But we would rather have the night before to rest and be fresh for departure.

We didn't even know about Rusty Wallace until we were booking. It just happened to be the date that we needed to sail. I've never been a race fan, so I was clueless---I didn't even know who he was. . Oh well.

Thanks again for the info.
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Wade

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest roll call..12/05/04

Just booked the Maison St. Charles for the Sat. before. Great deal!

Thanks for excellent info!
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Admiral

That's great Wade..maybe we could get together and have a drink or just meet up. It would be nice to meet a fellow CM..wife and I will be in on Sat.. We are really looking forward to the cruise.

Old August 10th, 2004, 08:17 PM
bethandy

DH & I will be on the cruise & can't wait! Been reading posts for the different islands to decide what to do. We'll be part of the Rusty Wallace events. Not sure yet where we'll be staying in NO, but will check out the Maaison - thanks for the tip!
Old August 11th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Admiral

bethandy...looks like we are all going on the trip..we should all meet up onboard and toast a toast to all the CM left behind. what do you and wade think,?

Old August 13th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to lady2fan Send a message via Yahoo to lady2fan

HI ALL, I'll be onboard with 5 friends.....we're all part of the Rusty Wallace group. Have any of you been on a Rusty cruise before? This is my 4th. There's usually around 1200 fans onboard. Looking forward to meeting up with some of you. We're staying at the Riverside Hilton Fri and Sat night.....they also offer a cruise package, which we could not get since the hotel is booked solid those nights.

JoAnn
Old August 13th, 2004, 08:01 AM
Wade

Sounds like fun. We'll have to do that. :-)
Old August 13th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Passenger

test

Carnival Glory Sept. 4th 2004
Old August 13th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Admiral

Okay..Let's all get together..any ideas on where?when?
Lady2fan?..since you have been on the Rusty cruise before..give some details of what to expect and how good is it..do you really get to interact with Rusty? any info will be greaty appreciated. Thank You

Post Edited (08-13-04 10:11)
Old August 13th, 2004, 09:50 PM
Passenger

Rusty's awesome with his fans! You will run into him in the disco, the clubs, the shows, the internet cafe, the spa! HE LOVES THE SPA! He and his wife Patti are in the diningroom for dinner every night.....late seating. His Mom and Dad will be onboard, and a few others from his crew (Earl has gone every year.) You'll get to meet his pilots, his marketing guy, and usually the couple who run one of his souviner rigs Jim and Cindy (they weren't sure if they were going this year) his oldest son Greg was on in 2002 also. and a few others.

When I said there were 1200 Rusty fans on the Victory last year, I'm not kidding.
They usually start out with a welcome aboard coctail party with Rusty.
There is a photo scession, up close and personal, have your picture taken with THE MAN
then the next event is an autograph scession so you can get your photo or another item autographed. Rusty always chats and thanks YOU for asking for his autograph! They have a question and answer scession, there are a lot of prizes given out (in 2001 I won the 18 lap Richard Petty driving experience. Since my hubby lets me go with my girlfriends I thought it fitting I gift him with this, which he loved!) One year my friend and I did the stingray tour.......and guess who was on it!!! It was a blast.

Rusty makes himself available enough, that the fans respect his and Patti's privacy and don't hound him. He actually thanks the fans for this!

WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOO I could go on and on......any questions just ask. As you can tell I'm a big Rusty fan!

This cruise always proves to be a blast! I'm sure you'll hear from my friend Mona soon, she cruised with us in '02 ....and is going again this year..............ask her about her spa encounter with Rusty!!!

As far as getting together, we'll have to plan that a little closer to Dec. We will definately have to have a plan or we'll never meet up!
GO RUSTY!
JoAnn

Post Edited (08-13-04 20:53)
Old August 13th, 2004, 10:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to mojo2rusty Send a message via Yahoo to mojo2rusty

Hi gang, I see the spa has been mentioned! Well, As lady2fan mentioned Rusty is great with his fan. He does not hide and really makes himself avaliable. I had the pleasure of runing into him a number of times on the ship and he alway had a smile and a hello. I was so impressed with his fans, that when it was not a scheduled autograph, photo or Q&A, people really let Rusty and Patty have their space. Like Lady2fan said, he likes the spa, and I for one will be there bright an early agin one morning. Now to figure out which morning! I had the enjoyment of sitting in the spa with Rusty for an hour. I was getting a pedicure and Rusty a foot massage. We sat back to back for an hour. We visited briefly when he sat down. But the best part of all was listning to Rusty visit with the lady. To her he was just a cliant getting a massage. She had no clue who he was so the conversation was about Rusty the family man and not Rusty Wallace the NASCAR star.
I know you all of you that are going will not be disapointed at all. As for the person that posted that they were not a NASCAR fan, Rusty can sure make one of you.

Look forward to meeting you guys on the ship.

Carnival Triumph Dec 2002
Carnival Conquest Dec. 05, 2004
Old August 15th, 2004, 05:02 PM
Admiral

Thanks Mona and JoAnn..that is quite a bit of info..I am looking forward to meeting Rusty as I lived in St Louis about the time he was and I were growing up so I have some questions for him about Old Times..Of Course I am a Mark Martin fan but I like Rusty also along with all his brothers. My wife and I are really looking forward to just the cruise and Rusty is just a big bonus..Really would like to get together and Have a pre cruise get together..that would be fun to meet other CM's we will keep in touch and finalize before the cruise..sound good? see yaz later.
John

Old August 16th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Admiral

bump

Old August 16th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Passenger

John, I look forward to meeting you and your wife. My hubby is a big Rusty fan also, but he wouldn't give up a race weekend to allow enough vacation time to go on the cruise. He said maybe next year. lol (if you're a Mark Martin fan, you probably know he and Rusty go way back and are still good friends) BTW Mona is from MO. and also goes way back with the Wallace boys! I'll let her tell you about that. Mike is a real hoot, and he's the quiet one ROFL

I'll be in NO from Thurs. afternoon with one friend, Mona and the other 3 arrive on Fri. We'll exchange numbers and or set up a time and place to meet before we all leave! Right now, we're packing our motorhome, so we're ready to leave for Bristol next Tues. night... first things first.... got a few races to go to before it's time to cruise.

Have a great day!
JoAnn
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:37 PM
Admiral

That sounds like a plan to me..I have a good friend and co-worker that will be at Bristol..He managed to get a set of tixx from another friend who is a season tix holder.
Dont have tooooo much fun..

Old August 16th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Passenger

I lucked out, my friend that I cruise with has season tickets and was able to add 2 more to her account a couple years ago, for us! I try not to have too much fun , but I can't promise......fun just seems to find us! I may even check in from there and say HI, since I bring my laptop hooked up with the cell phone. Girl's got to stay in touch with the world!
JoAnn
Old August 17th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Admiral

You lucy smuck you.....go ahead and rub it in....I hope you all have a wonderful time and I know you will..That is the hardest ticket to get in NASCAR..I remember when it only held about 20,000..I use to go to Newport ,Tn and unload there at our chem plant and the guy who unloaded me was a brother to Bobby Dotter he could get me in sometime but never timed it just right. Oh wellll.

Old August 18th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Admiral

Mona and JoANN..I got your emails and have replied..we will get it together when the time gets closer..We are so looking forward to this. Have a good day.

Okay..Where are you Wade?..Ck in so we will know if you are still going.>VBG<

Post Edited (08-18-04 09:18)
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:21 PM
Passenger

Hey, Bobby Dotter lives around down the street from friends of ours, in Mooresville, NC! Small world! Where do you live now, John? I'm in the Lower Hudson Valley, in NY.
Jo
Old August 18th, 2004, 10:43 PM
Admiral

I am in Hot Springs,Ark..I drove a truck for many many years and was all over the country.

Old August 19th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Admiral

bump

Old August 25th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Admiral

If you are going..get on board..

Old August 29th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Admiral

bump up