Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to felway17 Send a message via Yahoo to felway17
Default Cruise Director vs. Captain Survey

Througout these message boards I have heard so much about what a great cruise director is...

But I also know about having a captains dinner... and what a treat that is.

So overall which do you think helps more with the enjoyment of the cruise? why?

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2004, 05:20 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise
Default Re: Cruise Director vs. Captain Survey

The Captain! Smooth sailing so you're not heaving over the side while the CD is doing stuff.....part of this is my personal bias...i've had a real jerk of a CD two cruises in a row (same guy...) but the captains have taken me on as a protege of sorts....go figure

Old July 29th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise Director vs. Captain Survey

Ther Captian is responsible for the operation of the ship itself and aside from the "official" duties of the handshake at the Captains party and his introduction, and the dinner at the Captians table, he has little to no contact with the passengers anymore. Ships came into their being way back when the Lusitiania started her last fateful crossing when they decieded that the Capt. had too many duties and too much responsibility to bother much with the passengers etc and they opened a new position called the "Staff Captain". Even now, the Staff Captian handles most of the problems with the departments and crew. With that in mind, you have to say the Cruise Director is the main person that insures you have a pleasant cruise as he/she is the one that plans all the entertainment onboard from shows to parties and games. In addition he oversee's much of the information about shopping and tours.
Jim