Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Admiral

Default Randi's Happy Horses

Has enyone out there done the "Randi's Happy Horses" excursion in Mazatlan. Need info for upcoming Pride cruise. Thanks - TTFN Jennifer
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Californiacutie Send a message via Yahoo to Californiacutie
Default Re: Randi's Happy Horses

When are you going on your cruise?

Old July 30th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Passenger

We rode with Randi a few weeks ago during our Pride cruise. It was wonderful. You can reach her at www.mazinfo.com

Elise
Old July 30th, 2004, 11:33 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Melanie

I can second that. Randi is great. We all had a good time and our ages ranged from 9 to 61. We are booking again with her this November with a group of 18.

Melanie

Paradise - January 2009

Paradise - April 2008
Carnival Pride - Nov 2007
Paradise - Sept 2005
Carnival Pride - Nov 2004
Ecstasy - Jan 2004
Carnival Pride - Nov 2003
Elation - Nov 2002
Old July 30th, 2004, 02:30 PM
Cruisequest

Let me tell you about Randi.

We sailed the Elation in July, 2000 to the Mexican Riveria with our three teens. We had heard of Randi and so booked her horseback riding tour.

Upon arrival In Matazlan there was a huge thunderstorm (and lightning!) and some of the cruiseline arranged tours were cancelled. We went down to meet Randi and it was just horrible outside. I told her I didn't want to go riding in a thunderstorm (rain, yes, but the lightning was horrible!) and I asked if we could perhaps delay the trip. She said yes and that she' be back in a couple of hours. So at the scheduled time we met her, she took us to Stone Island and we went riding. Come to find out, she waited at the pier for us the entire time! She could have easily said let's just cancel but instead went out of her way to wait for us! Now that's service! And though our ride was cut short, we had a great time riding in the rain!

Book her!
Old July 30th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Admiral

Thanks all - Randi's does indeed sound like a professional operation. We are not going until September 2005 - for our 10th anniversary - but I like to research - anticipation lol it's great!!! How long is the tour - what time do you leave the ship and what time do you get back? - thanks for the info - TTFN Jennifer
Old July 30th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Passenger

We left the ship as soon as it docked in Maztalan and met Randi about 9:00. We rode for about 90 minutes and then went to Victor's for lunch (great garlic shrimp) and some of our group played in the ocean. We were back at the ship by about 2:00-2:30.

My kids and husband had never been on a horse and I hadn't been on a horse for at least 30 years but we all had a great time. Feel free to contact Randi. She is great about returning emails.

Elise
Old July 31st, 2004, 04:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

I have to agree with everyone here who said Randi's tour is great! My family rode with her off the Carnival Pride last September and it was the highlight of our trip. Even my sister who hates horses (actually she hates all animals) loved it! We are all looking forward to riding with Randi again when we sail the Princess Sapphire this October.
Old August 3rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
Passenger

I'm planning to ride with Randi in January. I haven't been on a horse in over 30 years...mainly because I'm afraid of them. But I have read a lot of information on Randi's horses....plus I really want to ride on the beach....so I'm goona do it!!!!

Old August 3rd, 2004, 02:59 PM
Admiral

Good for you - it's been a while for me too - long ago when my daughter had her horses. My dh has never been on a real horse - just pony rides at the fair. I just hope my old bones and butt are up to the experience. It does sound romantic though - riding on the beach - the wind streaming through our hair - well - okay - my hair lol. Have a great day - ttfn - Jennifer