Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 30th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Granny

Default Pride: Soft Drink "Cards"

We sail on the Pride in late Oct. What do the "unlimited" soft drinks cards cost, and are the drinks equivalent to a 12-oz. can?

We had an experience a few years ago on Carnival. Our teenage son had a soft drink card. The drinks were in very small glasses with lots of ice. Also, the "roving" cocktail servers would not bring him a drink while on deck unless an adult ordered something. He finally would just go to the bar and get the drink himself.
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Pride: Soft Drink "Cards"

We were on the Pride in May and we both got the soda cards. I believe the price of one card was about $40-44. This was the card plus the 15% gratuties. The drinks are served in glasses usually with a fair amount of ice. we just asked for "easy ice" though. we did have to go to the bars to be served-cocktail service wasn't allowed if I remember correctly. We were however served our sodas at dinner by our cocktail server, maybe that is the only exception.

I would recommend only getting the soda card if you know you will be drinking a fair amount of soda. As I'm sure you know you have the free punch, lemonade, tea, milk, choc. milk, water on lido deck. I think individual sodas are about $1.50 and you get a larger serving than w/ the card serving. I think you indicated that this is for your teenage son, so it would be worth it. I would probably not get it myself next time around but my hubby would.
Old July 31st, 2004, 12:15 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Californiacutie Send a message via Yahoo to Californiacutie

Cost for guests under 18 = $4 per day
Cost for guests over 18 = $5.50 per day

Old July 31st, 2004, 03:47 PM
jamiegunter

You can ask for a bigger glass, sometimes they do give you a small glass. Also tell them not to much ice if you dont want. It was $29.99plus 15% last time we sailed.