CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Kelly Method (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/198963-kelly-method.html)

Paralegal August 4th, 2004 10:39 AM

Kelly Method

How far in advance will the Kelly Method work? My boyfriend and I booked a balcony guarantee, on the Triumph, leaving Sept. 25, 2004. I know there is always a chance that if I do find out where our cabin is located, it can be changed several times before we leave. I just don't want to waste my time if they haven't assigned us a cabin yet.

Post Edited (08-04-04 10:41)

StarrAries August 4th, 2004 11:11 AM

Re: Kelly Method

Unless your cruise is sold out, I wouldn't waste my time until you're a month or less out. I keep checking the https://www.carnival.com/bookmodify.aspx screen, although I'm not expecting to see my room assignment for another month. The anticipation is killing me!! But hopefully that means it will be even more so fullfilling when we actually set sail! Good luck w/ the upgrades...

aileenw August 4th, 2004 11:51 AM

our cruise is Sept 5th, and the cabin# is under the bookmodify system. We also booked a gty cabin & were only upgraded from a 4A to a 4B, well, i'll keep checking to see if we were upgraded any more, but dont think we will be. Ship all sold out.

felway17 August 4th, 2004 12:58 PM

I am on the Glory Sept 4th, and the book modify is not set for me...

But twice to 3 times a day I check....lol...

Just a month to go.

.Bob B August 4th, 2004 02:12 PM

Can someone tell me what the Kelly method is and how it works??

Bob

Paralegal August 4th, 2004 03:42 PM

Re: Re: Kelly Method

From what I understand, if you have booked a guaranty cabin, you go to Carnival's web site and go to the gift section. In that section, they will ask for your booking number and cabin number. In the cabin number space, you just start entering cabin numbers, starting with the category you booked. If it's not your cabin number, then it will say "Invalid Booking and/or Cabin." If you do hit on your cabin, then it will say "You cannot purchase gifts for a guaranty. Please call Carnival." or something to that extent. I've tried it here and there and ended up getting bored. From what I've read on here, it does take some time. If you do try, good luck. I haven't found our cabin yet.

Dorothy August 4th, 2004 04:36 PM

My cabin # still doesn't show up under the BookModify on the Carnival website, but I *did* find my cabin number using the Kelly method.

Here's how:
Go to the Carnival webpage and click "gifts". Pick at gift (doesn't matter which one, you aren't actually going to order it). At the bottom of the page it will ask for the booking # and the cabin #. Put in your booking # and start putting in cabin #'s. The error message when you get a cabin that isn't your is: "Invalid booking or stateroom #".

When you finally get to the cabin Carnival has assigned you, you'll either get a message that says "You must call the 800 number to order a gift for a GTY room" or your name and names of all the folks in your cabin will pop up!

I found mine last week and I'm sailing 9/11/04. Warning - it took a couple of hours and is quite tedious. First I checked at the cat. 6 rooms (I booked a 6A gty) then moved on to the cat. 8's. Luckily, for now at least, I have a balcony, but of course that can change at anytime.

Good luck!
dorothy

felway17 August 4th, 2004 04:58 PM

Hey there all....... I just wanted to tell you all that I am doing the DOC DANCE...

PLUS I am dancing with Kelly also.....

I book an 8C GTY cabin... but now have just found out that I am now in a 9A cabin... not a big upgrade but an upgrade to say the least...

Also I think I read it here... But when you get your docs and you have a GTY cabin... go to the sail and sign card... on the back... it has a long number listed... first number is your booking number... Hopefully you know it... next number after it wound up to be my cabin number...

Oh what a happy day.... One month left to cruise.....

StarrAries August 5th, 2004 02:25 PM

Paralegal- I will be boarding the ship the day you are leaving it and my cabin number was assigned today. I found this checking the bookmodify page, and then I verified it by trying to send a gift. It actually pulled up our names and everything on the gift page, rather than the error message about not being able to send gifts to Guaranty rooms. We were upgraded from an 8A to an 8D if all goes well. Good luck...

Paralegal August 5th, 2004 02:35 PM

I guess I'll try the Carnival web site again. I've looked periodically, but it never gave me my cabin assignment. I am definitely looking forward to the cruise. Of course reading the posts on this web site does not help the excitement. Especially those people who post they received their docs or are leaving the next day. My day is soon to come.

Soni26 August 5th, 2004 03:51 PM

Re: Re: Re: Kelly Method

hey Paralegal,

I will be leaving on the same cruise on 9/25/04. I just got my room assignment today off the carnival webpage. Try today and hoepfully you will find out. Good Luck.

UConn1 August 5th, 2004 04:50 PM

BookModify will not always show if your cabin has been assigned with a GTY booking.

I booked a GTY, have my cabin #, but it does not show in bookmodify screen and I am only 8 days out.

Jodi

jeleja August 6th, 2004 03:36 PM

Where do you find the book/modify at? I sail on 8/15 and tried to look for book/modify on my online reservation, cant seem to find it.

felway17 August 6th, 2004 03:40 PM

First loign into the Carnival website.... you should be able to see you iternary...

Then put this in web address bar...

https://www.carnival.com/bookmodify.aspx

jeleja August 6th, 2004 03:50 PM

Thank you so much! I received my docs last week, kelly said I was upgraded, and the upgraded cabin number was on the back of my S & S page, but when I just checked the book/modify, it still says TBA for cabin and deck. Wonder why it doesnt have that cabin number in there?

felway17 August 6th, 2004 07:40 PM

It probably does not have it there... because there is still time for them to change it... in case of last minute bookings.

felway17 August 17th, 2004 09:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Kelly Method

OH no folks....the kelly method less than 10 days ago... showed my room...

Now my room has moved...... now I have to re-start the search.

Paralegal August 17th, 2004 10:06 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Kelly Method

I found out a couple of days ago that we are booked in a cat. 8c balancy cabin. We originally booked an 8a balcony guaranty. We are happy about the 2 cat. upgrade. Now we are just counting down the days until our ship sails. Hopefully if they change us, it will be for the better. Happy sailing everyone.