Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 4th, 2004, 11:10 AM
mnhenderson

Default Sensation forward cabins riviera deck?

I think we are going to end up in R36 on our Sensation criuse in October.We have never been this low or this far forward.(always blessed by the upgrade fairy before) So I wondered if anyone has experience with this location.I have read that in the porthole cabins that the anchor noise can be a problem,this cabin is 3 back from those cabins,so I wonder how that will be? Any thought or experiences would be appreciated. Thanks,Mariann
Sponsored Links
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to DanDaMan7188
Default Re: Sensation forward cabins riviera deck?

I was worried about having excess noise in my cabin (E70) on the Sensation, but the walls must be quite sound proof. Don't worry, I'm sure everything will turn out fine. You get what you pay for, and as you said, you DON'T have a porthole so you shouldn't worried about the rooms that have those two little windows! lol!

-Daniel
Old August 4th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Cruisingbear

Dear Mnhenderson,
I have sailed forward on the 3rd deck fron the bottom on another cruise line. This ship
was about the same size as the Sensation. I was very seasick the first night, due to
the movement in the front of the ship. Since you are on a lower deck, the motion may
not be as bad. I have stayed in the aft of a ship too. Very noisy, especially on lower
decks. Mid-ship is always great. If seasickness is a problem, get the lowest deck
possible, midship. I hope this helps. I don't remember any anchor noise.
Happy Sailing.................
Old August 4th, 2004, 06:02 PM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Sensation forward cabins riviera deck?

Thanks Dan! I appreciate the review you wrote.

Cruisinbear,None of my family gets sea sick.We have been very lucky. We always carry the bonine just in case.Thanks for your input. Mariann
Old August 4th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Yeoman

We had cabin R68 in May/04 sailing on the Sensation. The movement was not a problem for us, and I don't remember hearing any noise from the anchor. We were on the port side, about 1/4 of the way back. Shouldn't be a problem for you. Have a great cruise, we really enjoyed the Sensation!

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old August 4th, 2004, 10:17 PM
mnhenderson

Deb,Thanks so much for the response.R68 is only 5 back from our cabin(according to kelly method).So your experience should be pretty close to ours.Did you have any problems with sewer smells.I have read this in a few reviews that have mentioned this.
Thanks for the info. Mariann
Old August 5th, 2004, 07:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

does anyone know about a 4b cabin? we will be on the sensation 10-2. our room # is m132. thanks!!
Old August 5th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Yeoman

Mariann

No, we had no problems with sewer smells. I know some people complained about sewer smells on the lower decks, but thankfully, we did not encounter any of this. We were very pleased with our cabin location, other than all the stairs we climbed during the cruise. I do not like to use the elevators, and since we were so far down, we did get lots of exercise, which is a good thing.

Also, we were right above where the passengers got on and off in Cozumel. It was very entertaining to watch everyone get back on the ship late in the evening after a full day on the island.

Have a great cruise as I am sure you will! If you have any other questins, feel free to e-mail me.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:02 AM
mnhenderson

Default Re: Re: Sensation forward cabins riviera deck?

Thanks Deb! I always use the stairs too.It is the only way yo keep those extra cruise pounds off.Thanks again for the info. Mariann