Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:09 AM
First Mate

Default Port of Tampa

Anyone cruised out of Tampa on Carnival recently? I am trying to get a feel as to what time I can expect to disembark. The time on my itinerary says 0800, but I would like some input on a more realistic time. The airline has bumped my flight up a couple of hours, and I don't want to miss my flight home. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:49 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Port of Tampa

Julie

When we were there in April we docked on time but didn't get off the ship until about 11:30 a.m. We were at our designated spot at 9:00 and just waited and waited. Not sure what the holdup was. It was only about a 15 min taxi ride to the airport. Hope this helps.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old August 5th, 2004, 08:53 AM
Yeoman

We were at the port in May, and we opted to carry our own luggage off. There was a holdup, and they didn't start leaving passengers off until 9:30AM, and we were in the first group off. Normally, we would have been able to start disembarding at 8:30AM, but was some sort of problem w/customs. Some others in our group waited until their time to be called, and it was about 10:30AM. As long as you can carry off all your luggage, then you can be in the first group, but there is maybe one set of stairs you must carry the luggage on.

Hope this helps out.

NCL Dawn (Repo 14 nite) 11-1-09
RCCL Mariner of the Sea (Mexican Riviera) 4-18-10
1 FFC--Princess

19 finished cruises to date!
Old August 5th, 2004, 09:49 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Port of Tampa

Thanks for the responses. I was thinking of carrying my luggage off...just wanted to make sure that it was an option to not put my luggage out on the last night.
Old August 7th, 2004, 10:00 AM
bjkeen

I live in the Tampa Bay area. I have cruised out of Tampa on the Sensation. Always go to the Purser's desk after boarding and inform them of your flight time so that they will ensure you are one of the first passengers to disembark. If I can be of further assistance to you, feel free to email me.
Old August 8th, 2004, 07:48 AM
bjkeen

Julie,
It is a pain to carry the luggage off. I always carry off my hanging bag that has the evening wear. I pulled a pilot bag off once, it was a pain too. I had to climb stair with the pilot bag.
Old August 8th, 2004, 09:15 AM
First Mate

bjkeen,

Thanks for responding to my post. I have never cruised out of Tampa, and I am a little concerned. I live in Indianapolis, and ATA flies direct to St. Pete. We are fying in and out of there, but our flight home leaves at 11:30 in the morning. It was later in the afternoon when I booked it, but the airline moved our departure time up. They added another flight to St. Pete, so that changed their whole schedule. Now my choices are to leave at 11:30 AM, 12:25 PM, or 7:25 pm. I am thinking of just trying to make the 12:25 flight home. Do you have any idea how far it is to the St.Pete airport from the port? Thanks again.
Old August 8th, 2004, 08:20 PM
bjkeen

Julie,
I like flying into and out of the St. Pete airport. The prices are usually cheaper, the airport is smaller than TIA and I find it easier to get in and out of the airport with less hassles. Are you renting a car or taking a cab? I am guessing, but I would think the cab fee would be around $40 one way because you have to cross the Bay. I sometimes shop in St. Pete at a mall near the interstate and it takes me 30 min. to return home in the suburb of Tampa (providing the traffic is accident free). When you initally embark on the ship, make sure you go to the Purser's desk and tell the Purser that you have an early flight home so they will get you off the ship with the first group disembarking.

I don't know the distance from the St. Pete Airport to the Port of Tampa. I'll see if I can find out what it is.
Old August 9th, 2004, 10:23 AM
First Mate

bjkeen,

thanks a bunch. I am changing my flight today, and I am going with the 12:25 flight. I will be taking a cab to an from the airport.