Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 6th, 2004, 01:27 PM
rt23

Default kelly method

how does the kelly method work and can you tell if you will be upgraded with it ...also what does the guarantee mean when booking a cruise
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2004, 05:32 PM
sls

Default Re: kelly method

see the "Kelly Method" post by paralegal, inside it you will see a post by Dorothy that tells you step by step what to do.
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Passenger

I don't know if this will get pulled but you just go to the Carnival web site where you can buy stuff to be sent to your cabin (like decorations) then you just start plugging in cabin numbers till one is accepted.
Old August 7th, 2004, 09:55 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

Booking a Gty means you book a certain cabin catagory, IS, OV, etc. Usually on a lower deck like 6A. They guarantee you at least that catagory, but many time you will receive an up grade. Like we booked a 6A OV, and we got a 6C (Upper deck opposed to Riviera). I have booked this way three out of four and have been fortunate enough to be upgraded each time. One we booked by room so our teenager would be next door for sure. However the wonderful thing is that this cruise we just booked (leaving in two weeks) we booked in separate rooms with my parents. Both were guarantee. When I sent the info to the TA to make sure we were linked together for dinner, and I did this the same day I booked, when I used the Kelly method, my parents were right next door. We thought we might be decks apart. When I got my docs, the number I got using the Kelly Method was also encoded in my docs.

Now the Kelly method: Go to Carnival and log in. They will need your booking number which brings up your itinaray, etc. Then go to gifts. put in your booking number and just start pluggin in room numbers. I got a copy of the deck plan so that I could check off each one that I had checked (can be a long process so I suggest doing this on a boreing evening when you've nothing else to do). I started on the Upper deck (just out of hope). I got lucky because I was only on the 10th room when I found mine. Normally, when you put in a cabin number, you get a message that says, "invaid cabin number". When you plug in a number, and get a message that says something like "cannot order for gty cabin assignment. Call carnival for assistance", that's it! Also, it is encoded on the back of your sign & sail if you have your docs.

Good luck
TC

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.