Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Dolphin Encounter Nassau

Considering purchasing the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon in Nassau. On Carnival's website it shows the excursion being 3-hours long. For anyone that has taken this excursion, can you stay at the Blue Lagoon after the dolphin encounter or must you go back to the ship as soon as it is over? Do you know the cost and is it worth it?

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2005, 05:29 PM
KarenConley

Default Re: Dolphin Encounter Nassau

Hi Deb D
I am doing this excursion on June 8th and I will write a review when I get back about it. You may email me at the above address after June 11th and I will try to answer any questions you may have.
Karen
Old June 14th, 2005, 07:52 AM
seaserpent

I took this tour with the Norwegian Dawn a year ago. It was spectacular. I bought the video. I bought the picture. I went a little crazy. it was and is a wonderful experience. I paid about $90.00 at that time. You take the boat over to the island. That's about 20 minutes. Then you get changed or put a wetsuit on or whatever and then they give you a speech about what to do, where to touch, etc. That's another 20 minutes or so. Then groups of 10 or so go in. You spend 20 minutes or so in the water. Hugging. Kissing. Dancing. The works. You learn a lot. And have a load of fun! Then after your encounter, you dry off, shop a little bit, buy the video or not, wait on group 2 and or 3 and then get back on the boat back to your ship. All in all, 3 hours. WE only had 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. so, we had no time to stay. You might. it is a lovely place to swim and lunch at if that is possible. Not sure how you get back to your ship after though. Taxi? Another boat? I suggest it highly. I would do it again. have a GREAT time!
Old June 14th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Carolie

Hi Seaserpent. We will be going to Nassau and are interested in the dolphin excursion but noe of us in our group are swimmers. So, do you wear a life vest? how deep is the water? Thanks for info.
Old June 15th, 2005, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

If you're doing the encounter you're only in the water to about your knees. If you're doing the swim you're in a deep pool and everyone is required to wear a life vest.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:11 PM
susieon

Deb,

We are also doing this Encounter. We purchased it directly form the provider. An internet search of Dolphin Encounter Bahamas easily located it. It is about $35.00 per person cheaper than buying thru Carnival, and they offer an observation option for anyone in your party not interested in going in the water, for only $20.00.

We are going on 6/26. I'll check back when we return with some feed back.
Old June 16th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Captain

Susieon
Try and see how far you are from the Blue Lagoon beach also when you go. We are a group of 6 and only 3 want to do the Dolphin encounter, but we would like to go and meet up before returning if possible...........anyone know if this is possible or is the distance to much difference ?
Old June 18th, 2005, 08:34 AM
wd1174

Sue....did you have time to go to the straw market while in Nassau, or did you have to stay on the ship till the tour left. I hear you get there at 8:30, but tour doesn't leave till 10"00 or later.
Old June 20th, 2005, 11:45 AM
susieon

Default Re: Re: Dolphin Encounter Nassau

I'll let you know when we get back. Only 6 more days!
Old June 20th, 2005, 05:28 PM
KarenConley

I did the dolphin encounter at the Blue Lagoon--the encounter not the swim and we have a wonderful time. In regard to where the Blue Lagoon beach is to the encounter you are right next door to the beach. I did not see a way to the beach everything was roped off but I imagine you could ask someone and pay the additional cost and you could stay at the beach. Boats were coming and going while we were there.
Hope this helps.
Karen
Old June 20th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Passenger

Deb,
I just got back on the Celebration Saturday. I have a price list that was given to us by Carnival. For the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon the cost is $109 per person.
I did not do any excursions. However, if you need prices for other excursions I do have the price sheet for Key West and Nassau.

Celebration June 13, 2005