Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 8th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Back from western carribbean on Glory

We got back Sat from 7 days of fun on the Glory.Went to western caribbean.So any questions?
Sponsored Links
Old August 8th, 2004, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Back from western carribbean on Glory

Hi Harry, I was just wondering what you did in Belize?? We go there in Jan/05. Thanks for your info! Brenda in Vancouver

Old August 8th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well Brenda,had to get the info from my wife because it was a blur to me,but went got a cab with our driver Snapper(wonderful man.very knowledgable and very nice)and he took us to the Princess motel because their beaches were to be desaired.Swam at there pool and ate a lunch there.Then he took us to a Tshirt factory where we purchased t-shirts for a lot less anywhere else.Then on to make rum purchases where he took us to a mom and pop grocery store that sold bottles of rum at very low prices.Then back to the ship.Not much to do in belize unless you go to the outer islands where you have to take a tour or boat to get there.Ok time there,but if you do go ask for Snapper.He'll show ya around.Hope that helps.Anyone else?
Old August 8th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Thanks Harry for the info on your Belize stop. We are still undecided about what to do there, but we have plenty of time!

Old August 8th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Back from western carribbean on Glory

Brenda, we too just got back from the Glory. Belize was one of our favorite ports because we did the cave tubing. What fun!!! We were worried at first because there is a hike through the rainforest on the way to the cave. We had been warned about biting flies. We never even saw a fly. It was great. I highly recommend that excursion.
Kris

Carnival Glory - 7/31/04
Old August 8th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Admiral

Brenda - hey neighbour - Jennifer from Langley here. We did the Glory in early spring and we did the ship's howler monkey tour and really enjoyed it - saw a whole family of monkeys and lots of Belize en route. It is a very poor country and we were a little taken aback by it all - but the people were very friendly and we got some amazing deals in the market just at the tender dock. You have to try the rum cream - they even had samples - yum! E-mail me if you have any questions. TTFN Jennifer
Old August 9th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Beginner

I was wondering what were your arrangements for getting to and from the port if you stayed at a hotel near the port as we are in the process of organizing our trip.
thanks
Old August 10th, 2004, 03:22 PM
tiki

hi folks. also went to belize on the glory- did the cave tubing excursion also but some friends of mine that we met at our table did the monkey thing and really enjoyed it.