Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Default Airlines

What is the absolute best way to get a the lowest price on a flight. I can't believe it is going to cost me more to fly to San Juan than it is to take my 7day cruise. Any suggestions?

Old August 9th, 2004, 03:34 PM
aileenw

Default Re: Airlines

depends where you live. We got a great deal for the 3 of us out of Detroit to San Juan for this Sept Cruise, Try Spirit Air. Paid 583.00 for all of us.
Old August 9th, 2004, 04:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Vt,
You just have to keep checking, and be sure to go to all the major airlines too. I got my best deal by checking daily at American, it did pay off. Seems the flights to San Juan are always on the high side.

Message Boards Moderator
Old August 9th, 2004, 05:28 PM
sls

Go to www.QIXO.com, it's a search engine. It's searches all the airlines except Southwest.

sls
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:10 PM
CThuskies

hey there VT...
(i'm going with the assumption that ur from vermont)...if so,,,consider flying out of boston and using 'jet blue airways.' They usually are pretty cheap (and non-stop!).

enjoy your cruise!
-Mark
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:14 PM
CThuskies

sorry about the above post---i spoke too soon!. I just checked the jet blue airways site...they don't seem to have a boston to san juan option...but they do have a BURLINGTON to san juan (connecting in JFK) choice!---even better for u!

-Mark
Old August 10th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Passenger

I can go Jet Blue from Burlington, Vermont, but..............it is 296 per person just for the leg home. I will keep trying the airlines.

thanks everyone!

Old August 10th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Whiteknight

It's impossible to be of any help when I don't know where you're located or when you need to travel. There are almost always specials to everywhere on one airline or another, if you check sites daily. For instance, right now you can travel to San Juan from New York, Chicago, Miami, Fort Lauderdale and other places for as little as $138 a person roundtrip thru the middle of December and it's not usually the budget guys who post the big sales. It's the guys who aren't selling enough seats and don't want to fly an empty airplane. As a rule of thumb, the budget airlines run small sales because their prices are already beating the competition and they don't have a problem filling their airplanes. The big guys run super sales to take business away from the budget guys and to fill their airplanes. It's all a matter of economics.
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Passenger

Well I am traveling on Jan 15,2005 returning Jan 23, 2005, from Burlington, Vermont to San Juan. There are 4 of us. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Old August 11th, 2004, 09:03 AM
sls

The lowest on QIXO from Burlington on Continental is $368 pp roundtrip. I'm not sure you're going to find any deals through a small airport. We're driving 8 hours to Orlando to get a good flight to San Juan.

sls
Old August 11th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Whiteknight

At the present time, the best you'll probably be able to do is around $360 round trip per person. If you hold off about 2 to 3 weeks, American and US Airways will probably run their usual winter sale from airports within an hour of Burlington, Vt. to several desinations including San Juan for about $150 to $200 round trip per person. When they do, it's likely some of the other airlines will also follow their lead.
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:01 PM
NancyY

I'm having the same problem, finding reasonable airfare from ny to the port of miami to catch the ship. It's crazy, let me know how you make out.
Old August 12th, 2004, 07:35 AM
sls

Wow Airtran was just having a sale to Southern Florida destinations. You might want to check and see if it's still running.
Old August 12th, 2004, 01:01 PM
Whiteknight

The currents prices to Miami from New York are running around $200($178+tax and fees) on several airlines, namely American, Delta, NWA, US and United until mid-January. You can probably beat that in 2 to 3 weeks on a couple of airlines at around $150-$160 taxes included.