Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:39 PM
ConnieMc

Default disembarkment time for Legend

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to buy airline tickets for my Nov 3rd cruise on the Legend. Southwest has a great deal, but the return flight is 2:55 P.M. Will I have enough time to diembark the ship and still make my flight out of Fort Lauderdale?
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: disembarkment time for Legend

Ya I think so it should. If I could make it out of nyc port which is like hell by 10am then you should get out of FtLauderdale by your flight unless you happen to have a cruise like ours. I did not get of the Legend until get this 8.30pm. There was a sick passenger so we had to go to Bermuda.
Old August 9th, 2004, 11:17 PM
ConnieMc

This is my first time traveling with Carnival. It seems I have read about quite a few medical emergencies, is this normal? I feel like I should schedule a return flight for the following day.
Old August 10th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Admiral

We have seen or heard of a passenger having a heart attack or some medical emergency on almost every cruise we've been on. Because each ship, no matter how small or big, holds a "city" of people and the odds of someone having a heart attack or some other medical emergency is the same as staying home in your "city" except you see or hear about it. I've heard it said that there averages one death on every HAL ship because of the average age of the passengers. Yes, twice we saw passengers being taken off to waiting ambulances while we were on the Westerdam but our trip was never delayed. Go and enjoy!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 10th, 2004, 03:06 PM
tiki

yes, perfect timing on your part for the flight time. i am a frequent cruiser and they tell me anything after 12:30 p.m. is really good as far as timing to the airport. no problem, do not sweat it.