Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 08:02 PM
efmarek

Default Fasination - 9/27/04

I am booked on the Fasination 9/27/04 sailing in a 1A catagory room (we got an awesome deal). I have only cruised one other time and was in an oceanview room. Does anyone have any comments or recommendations concerning a 1A room? Also, does anyone know if there is a possibility of an upgrade (even if you did not purchase a gty)? I would also like to know if there are any others sailing on the same date. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Don L S
Default Re: Fasination - 9/27/04

Welcome aboard on the 27th I'am a cruising for the third time since last Sept to Cozumel We are all going to have a great time and don't even think bad weather as I sit here on my two days off from work here in W Palm Beach with Hurricane Charlie's begining rains coming in. I was on the E deck ocean view last Sept Beautiful room very roomy and nice picture window . I was traveling solo and got the up grade from an inside Riveria single room because another single lady who I didn't know came out of the cabin bathroom surprized that I had let myself in with my own key and thinking that I was an intruder which we had both been assigned as singles created a pretty bad scene of having her privacy invaded kicked me out as the ship cruised out of the Port of Miami. I was looking to meet and hang out with other singles but this was no match in heaven or by the Carnival Cruise Line . In addition to that I had been drenched in a rain storm in downtown Miami in trying to catch a taxi to the port and the ship and without a room my luggage was missed placed lost until the middle of night and I had to go to the first night dinner unshaved and looked like I had been left in the bottom of a washing machine and dried overnight. All the dressy people at my dinner table had lots of questions after a passing of time in reluctance to ask as in the beginning there were only puzzling faces as I looked more like a homeless person than some who had work a hard year and was deserving of a vacation cruise. After all the stories and answers there was nothing but laffs which laid the course for the cruise and the next day an upgrade to a first class room for the double booking and the lost luggage which was found and sent up to my new room after putting me the room near the anchor room the first night as the ship was full and they weren't allowing any upgrades. This is one way to get an upgrade I didn't ask and said being in the hotel business knew things would fall in place without getting upset as I'am one with all the patience in the world for the business requires it and I was going to enjoy my vacation be an experience and it was "A Lot Of Fun" It's great meeting others and the cruise has already begun bags are packed I'll carry a carry on with change of clothes should the first night not go as planned See you own board looking forward to meeting aboard Here's to the good life Vita La Bella -Don-
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:59 PM
efmarek

Thanks Don. I appreciate your response. Me and my best friend are also traveling as single women. We haven't got to spend much time together in the last 20 years, so we are looking forward to this cruise. (She lives in GA, me in TX.) Have you ever stayed in a 1A category cabin? I am not sure what to expect. We do not plan on spending much time in the room anyway. A place to lay our heads and a hot shower is all we really need. Looking foward to meeting you on the cruise. - Lisa
Old August 12th, 2004, 09:10 PM
efmarek

Are there any others out there going on the Fascination on Sept 27th? We would love to hear from you. See ya on board.
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:44 AM
PlaneJoy

Default Re: Re: Fasination - 9/27/04

Yeah! I'm on this ship!

Can't wait!

-joy
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:10 PM
efmarek

That is great Joy. Are traveling with your family? This is only my second cruise and my first on a fantasy class ship. Have you cruised on a fantasy class ship before? Counting the days, hours, and minutes.

Can't wait myself!

Lisa
Old August 31st, 2004, 12:37 PM
Passenger

We're on the Fascination but not until 11/1/04. We cruised it last year and had a great time. The entertainment was wonderful and we thoroughy enjoyed every minute on board the Fascination. I'm hoping the husband/wife duo will still be entertaining in one of the lounges. They were fabulous.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 10:10 AM
Julie88

My husband and I will be on board 9/27. This is my second cruise, but this is my husband's first. We're very excited and very much looking forward to it!
Old September 6th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

We are joining you! I was beginning to think we had the whole ship to ourselves. I love my husband but not enough to do that

3 weeks from today!! Can't wait! We are booked an oceanview gty. We have always had an inside room so this will be a new experience for us. After surviving 2 hurricanes, and a third one on it's way, we'll need this vacation. What are you all planning to do in Cozumel?
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:49 AM
PlaneJoy

We are traveling with our 2 children (2 and 7). DH and I are 30 somethings and love to cruise. We were married on the Imagination and have been on the Fantasy and DCL's Magic.

What about every else?

Counting the days....

-joy
Old September 7th, 2004, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Efmarek..

Just got home today from 7 day Fascination. 3 of which were free...thanks to Hurricane Frances......But your ?............you're in cellar.
Old September 9th, 2004, 12:02 PM
PlaneJoy

Any one got their docs for this cruise yet?
Old September 11th, 2004, 09:12 AM
efmarek

I received my cruise docs about two weeks ago, but I did not purchase a GTY either.
Old September 12th, 2004, 11:52 AM
DarleneK

Default Re: Re: Re: Fasination - 9/27/04

Hi. We're taking our 2 year old on Fascination on 11/1. It's our first cruise. Do you have any advice on cruising with a toddler?
Thanks
Old September 13th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Passenger

Darlene - No advice for traveling with a toddler but just wanted to say we are on the Fascination 11/1 also. I can't wait. Hope the hurricanes are out of their system by then.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 06:22 PM
efmarek

Hoping to revive this thread. I haven't much for anyone traveling on the Fascination on 9-27-04. That is if we go any where at all with Hurricane Jeanne trying to put a halt to all of our plans. Anyone hoping to still get to depart on 9-27-04?
Old September 24th, 2004, 08:10 AM
PlaneJoy

We'll be there with bells on! Just trying to decide if we should go to Miami on Saturday night instead of Sunday. I wouldn't hate for our flight plans to get interrupted!!!!
Old September 25th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

We'll get there. Jeanne is heading north and shouldn't hit Miami at all. Maybe a little wind and rain. Just checked the Carnival site. No changes in our ship.

One day, 20 hours and 57 minutes <G>

Using some method I read on another board, I think we are on the Empress Deck Oceanview. I'm sure we'll be fine wherever they put us

I can almost taste the BBC's <G>