Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 11th, 2004, 05:27 AM
BJKeen

Default Bonnie & Charles Storms

Charlie and Bonnie are both headed toward the west coast of Florida. Don't you think the weather people should have named these storms Bonnie & Clyde? Charlie is not far from hurricane strength already and headed towards the Tampa Bay area and suppose to hit us on Friday. Bonnie already a hurricane is headed toward the Panhandle of Florida and should make land fall this weekend. Not good new for the people like me who live here and not good news for cruisers. If you are sailing out of Tampa on Sunday, contact Carnival for information about your cruise at 1-800-CARNIVAL for information on your cruise.

Have you wondered about the people on the Inspiration that I waved good bye to last week who are suppose to return to Tampa this Sunday? Carnival will monitor the storm and make adjustments if needed to their schedule. They should be sailing into Tampa Bay after the storm has passed by.
Sponsored Links
Old August 11th, 2004, 06:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Bonnie & Charles Storms

BJ... what about D and E.... are there any spots and depressions being observed with these letters? And for that matter, what about F? My family and I leave on Inspiation on August 22nd and I'm trying to stay aware of what is going on (not that I have any ability to change what weather happens, just want to be aware)...
Old August 11th, 2004, 07:31 AM
First Mate

I am sailing (maybe) out of Tampa Sunday the 15th. I am supposed to fly into Tampa Saturday afternoon. I just called Carnival, and they said as of right now, no changes or alternate plans have been issued. Should I be worried?
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Bonnie & Charles Storms

Hey jeleja! Didn't know you were on these boards too. At this point, we're not going to stress about it. We'll see where these storms are on Friday and then give Carnival a call. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:15 AM
First Mate

HI joiboy....I am kind of worried here.. guess I need to stop stressing and see what happens huh?
Old August 11th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Passenger

Since it's pretty much out of our control there's no point in worrying just yet. Give your airline a call tomorrow or Friday and ask them what the status of your flight will be should these storms hit the Tampa area.
Old August 11th, 2004, 09:06 AM
First Mate

Thats a good idea (never thought of that). Thanks for the advice. The cruise itself looks like it will miss the storms. It's just GETTING THERE thats the problem!
Old August 11th, 2004, 12:43 PM
BJKeen

I'm a little concerned that people in the warning areas will not do what they are suppose to because most of the general public in Florida are transplants from other states and they have not lived here during a hurricane.

A =Be prepared
B =Watch the weather (I don't spaz until the weather people sign off the air).
C= Check with your cruise company if the hurricane continues on the present course.
D= Evacuate if told to.
E= Follow emergency instructions
1 = Don't come here if you can avoid it if we are actually going to get hit.

Right now they think the hurricane will come into Manatee County, below Tampa Bay (1 1/2 hrs. south of us).

The good news is the weather was beautiful this morning and will be beautiful again after the storms are gone. Friday the weather people say we are going to have high winds and heavy rain. You can go to Baynews9.com for a weather update.