Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:07 AM
Carley

Default More first time cruiser questions

My husband and I will be first time cruisers on Conquest. I have two questions I'd appreciate some feed-back on. First, we tried to pick a deck that would be convenient for activities and food but not too much foot traffic. We went with a stateroom away from elevators on the Lido deck. Any chance this blind guess might get us what we're looking for? Second, we aren't sure what to do in Jamaica. Seems like staying with an organized tour is the only good option there due to way too much street vending. Has anyone taken an excursion to Negril? What did you think? Any other suggestion? Thanks for sharing your experience!
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:57 AM
First Mate

Default Re: More first time cruiser questions

Depending where you dock in Jamaica, I highly recommend Dunn's River Falls (Ocho Rios). It was an amazing adventure. I was in Jamaica about 10 years ago - not on cruise - stayed in Montego Bay. Negril was a good couple hour drive from there and ocho rios was about three hours the other way, so if you dock in ocho rios, i don't think negril is possible. If you're in Mo Bay, it might be. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Old August 13th, 2004, 03:08 PM
cpressley

Default Re: More first time cruiser questions

Hi,
My husband and I sailed on the Conquest on MaY 30TH. We were on the Empress Deck in the middle of the ship and found this a good place to access all ares of the ship. We were only a couple of floors from the Buffet, restuarants and shows. The Lido deck sounds good except on the days that you go ashore, then you have to go to the bottom deck.

In Jamaica, we took a shore tour to Negril Beach and really enjoyed it. It took and hour each way but the beach was beautiful. We felt that taking a shore tour was the safest way to go and were right. When away from the group we were offered pot . Also they have police guarding the beach in Negril. I felt safe there.

Hope this helps some.
Old August 16th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Carley

Default Re: Re: More first time cruiser questions

Thank you so much for the feed back!
Happy Sailing!
Carley
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Seawolfe
Default Re: Re: Re: More first time cruiser questions

I agree. I was on the forward part of Empress Deck (deck 7) on the Triumph and it was the perfect location.