Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Passenger

Default Vow Renewals

Hey everyone,
Have been lurking for a while, finally decided to jump in and ask my question. We are booked on the Sensation for May 2005 (planning early). My hubby and I are celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and have two other couples coming along. We want to renew our wedding vows during our trip and was just wondering if anyone else had done this on the Carnival Line? I would really like to have an idea of how things go. I received my info from our TA about costs & packages, but I would really like to hear some "opinions".
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2004, 11:59 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Vow Renewals

I can't answer your question, but just wanted to say "welcome." I was a "newbie" to cruising last year and this board was extremely helpful. Don't be afraid to jump in and ask any questions. Good luck and happy anniversary.
Old August 12th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Passenger

We took a cruise many years ago (when the kids were small) and we loved it. I also swore that we would go again one day, and that day is finally on its way! This will be our first cruise on Carnival and I love reading the messages here....they are always informative and they just make me anticipate our anniversary trip even more!
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Cruisingbear

Dear Anniversarycrusin,
Call Carnival's wedding department. They will be able to give you the information
about vowl renewal. Also, check out wedding websites for the ports you will be
visiting. Many offer this service for a fee. Good Luck. Oh, and by the way
Carnival's wedding dept can be difficult to get ahold of, so keep trying.
Happy Sailing and Happy Anniversary.
Old August 12th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Yeoman

Crusin, I can't answer your question either, but I think its great that you both would like to renew your wedding vow's after 25 years. And I hope you will go through with it.There are fewer and fewer of us that make it this far every year. Alot of couples never make it to 5 yrs, much less 25. A salute to you both and congrats on your anvi.
The wife and I celebrated our 25'th last year on the Conquest.We had a wonderful cruise, and a great time. I wish now, that we would've renewed our vow's.

Happy Sailing;
david
Old August 12th, 2004, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

What a great idea! Can't answer your question either but now we have another reason (like we need one) to go again. Just got back 2 weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I am going to talk to my husband about doing the same thing. Our 25th is in May too. Let us know how it goes.

Old August 12th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Congratulations anniversarycrusin!!

Like David said, not too many can claim the same. Can't answer your question either but for our 30th anniversary we renewed our vows on the Star Princess Feb. 25, 2003. For only $150 we got the wedding chapel with music and all the candles lit, Champagne and glasses, photograper, an 8 X 10 photo with gorgeous gold frame, the most beautiful white roses bouquet and corsage and the Captain came down and did the service! Some ships have the Social Director do it.

It was even more memorable because when we did the ring exchange my husband surprised me with a new ring! Upon return to our cabin, our room stewardess had decorated our door and room with streamers and balloons. Of course in the dining room, they sang Happy Anniversary and we had an ice cream cake. As you can see, it was wonderful...and they said it wouldn't last!! It was better than the original wedding because we eloped in Las Vegas at 3 AM!!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:09 PM
anniversarycruisin

Thanks for all the info and the congrats. We are very proud to be celebrating our 25th anniversary..........alot of "doubting Thomas'" were around when we got married. We were young (I was two weeks out of high school), but we were in love and knew we had both found our 'soul-mates'. After three years we had our first child and the second followed soon after. We have spent the last 21 years raising our kids and providing them with every advantage we could and now we feel it is time to treat ourselves. Our youngest has just left for college, so our vow renewal is a way to congratulate each other on making it through........together. We are both anxious for this day to come.......I have heard that the captain sometimes performs the service, which I think would be quite memorable. The other great thing, my best girlfriend ( we have been friends for thirty years) and her husband are making the trip with us and will be our witnesses.............I can't wait! Oh, and CA Cruiser........would love for my hubby to suprise me with a new ring! How can I bring that up subtly in dinner conversation?? :-)
Old August 12th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Yeoman

I to gave the wife a new ring for our 25 Aniv. too.i have it in the photo gallery under my name. ( Aniv. cruise) Maybe your husband will surprise you. Just give him a hint or too, in your own little way.

Tell the dining room staff, and they'll fix you up with ice cream cake and a song. My T.A had sent us a bottle of champaine, and a bottle of wine to our room. I also had a dozen red roses sent to our room before we boarded in New Orleans. Guy's, they where beautiful and very fresh. They lasted all week, and still looked great a week later. Your going to have a great cruise and a wonderful trip.

Happy cruising;
david
Old August 13th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Great! We are also going to renew our vows next June 27 on the Triumph going to Canada, I was going to set it up when it got closer to sail time. We are married 20 years and our 2 teenage daughters will be joining us, the oldest is going to college that fall so it's a big family party. They can't wait, we got them there own oceanview and they are sooo counting down already...good luck to you and enjoy your cruise!!!