Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:45 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to phatty2006 Send a message via MSN to phatty2006 Send a message via Yahoo to phatty2006
Default 2 more days till cruiseHElp

Hey guys going on a cruise in 2 days, with LuanneRusso and family, can you give me any tips? I would really appriciate it.

June 4th ecstasy

Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2005, 09:57 AM
Happy Camper

Default Re: 2 more days till cruiseHElp

Phatty - love to help if can - what kind of tips? WHat do you like doing? Best advice - Take everything as it comes and relax and have a great time!!! Dont' forget to just sit and stare at the incredible water - sometimes i get so wrapped up in the fun I forget to enjoy the ship part.. Debbie
Old June 2nd, 2005, 10:12 AM
Yeoman

Make sure you have all of your documents filled out and ready to go ! Don't forget your birthcert. or passport. Bring a picture ID with you. ( drivers licenses will be fine )
Assuming, your already packed, or almost packed, go over what you have, make sure your not forgetting anything.Bring a small clock that lights up in the dark. That way you'll know what time it is through the day or night.

Mark your luggage with bright colored ( red, orange, green ) tape. That way your luggage will be easier to spot when you come off the ship. Also, don't forget to leave something out to wear to the airport, or trip back home thats suitable for the weather when you come off the ship..
Remember us working folks back home, and have one of those cute little drinks with the umbrella in the top for us back home !
Last but not least, relax and enjoy yourself , and bring half as many clothes,and twice as much money ! You'll be fine ! lol !

Hope you have a wonderful cruise and vacation;
david
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:13 AM
phatty20006

Hey thanks guys thats a good idea about the tape *never thought of that*
Hey just any tips or tricks you can help me with i dont care what.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 11:14 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to phatty2006 Send a message via MSN to phatty2006 Send a message via Yahoo to phatty2006

i like fishing and stuff like that never snorkled before but im hoping i can
i love swimming, and i dont know what to do at playa de carmen the second stop can someone give me advise?
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:13 PM
Admiral

SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN. did i mention sunscreen? Everyone no matter what skin type needs sunscreen. You need a broad spectrum UVA/UVB waterproof formula at least SPF 15 to start if you have medium toned skin, if you are fair skinned go for an SPF45. Sunscreen for the lips. Aloe Burn gel in case you don't pay any attention to what i just said.
daily grooming essentials. enough medicine for the duration, including over-the counter one like Tylenol, Rolaids etc.
Bandaids, small sewing kit
travel alarm clock
nite-light
Sunglassess -polarized to cut the glare are a must
Good walking sneakers and water sandals or water shoes (flip-flops just don't work on rocky beaches or slippery wet rocks) the decks and sand gets very hot.
Everyone should have some sort of hat
pack a small collapasable tote bag in your luggage for all your souveniours
waterproof disposable camera
A small backpack or fanny pack to haul around your daily essentials.
ladies leave your purse at home, small evening bags are fine
If you wear glassess or don't want to loose yours overboard get a pair of croakies (those cute things that go around your neck)
walkman, Ipod, MP3 whatever you have to listen to your tunes by the pool and at the beach
Remember - you will be traveling to foreign countries, be respectful and courteous of the locals, and their customs/beliefs.
Travel smart- just because you are on vacation doesn't mean that your brain should be, (that can get you into hot water)
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Don't forget to but waterproof cameras. They are a LOT cheaper at hime than on the ship. Also, take some drink coolies along. we forgot, and boy did our drinks get hot fast.
And get you some aqua shoes. They come in handy.
Old June 2nd, 2005, 12:29 PM
Happy Camper

A 3 way plug so can plug a few things in at once in your room.
A portable CD player and speakers/ headphones or Ipod with favorite music
Bonine for seasickness - over the counter in Walmart. The Gulf can get pretty rough for no reason so the first day out and last back can get (not always) rough.
Underwater camera if intend to snorkel.
suction cup hooks that you can use in cabin to hang stuff on.
Lysol to spray down cabin - I spray everything! First sometimes you can get a musty smelling cabin or one that kind of smells like smoke and Lysol cuts all that and makes it smell fresh. Also they don't wash the top blanket (bedspread) between passengers so I spray that. Also the Norwalk Virus can run through a ship fast so I make sure I spray the ramote too.
Small travel size of that germ killer stuff for tours etc.
Always wash hands - only takes one person with the flu to touch elevator buttons and handrails to make a lot of people sick in a confined space.
plastic ziplock bags - always handy. Sometimes you may even want to pack some stuff from the buffet to take off ship. I don't think you are suppose to but people do. I take the box cereal from the buffet and feed to the fish at whatever beach I'm at. Some people take rolls in which you need the plastic bags.
One bottle of water that you can refill and take off the ship. The water on board is fine to drink but not in Mexico so I fill up a waterbottle with ship watre to carry with me on excursions. They want a ton of money $3 per bottle on board.

In Playa the jeep tour was very highly rated tour by everyone that went - our backs were too sore from our tour in Cozumel. If you like something different in Cozumel they have the speed boat (powerboat) tour where there are two people boats - you or partner drives and you go 45 minutes in the boat (8 feet long) in open ocean to a deserted beach for a buffet, swimming, volleyball. Then 45 minutes back with you driving boat. HUBBY LOVE THIS!!! He said it was worth every penny of the $90 a person it cost. The boats are only 8 feet long and there were some 2-4 foot waves and he was "surfing" the wake of the boat in front - it was exhilerating and a few times scary with him driving!!! You can pass or travel outside the wake of the other boat but hubby was having too much fun!! Our backs hurt the next day though!!! Debbie
Old June 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
Beginner

Come and see Jackie's Fundanzers perform. We are a dance company from Austin, Texas ages ranging from 4-14. We compete and perform locally and nationally (last year at Disneyland). Our shows will be on Sunday morning and Wednesday evening, location and times to be announced. The shows are short, but entertaining, Hope to see you there.

Old June 3rd, 2005, 08:06 AM
Happy Camper

BON VOYAGE!!! BON VOYAGE!!!! BON VOYAGE!!!! BON VOYAGE!!!! Have a great time!!! Debbie