Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 13th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Legend Bermuda detour

Anyone back from the Legend that spent 3 days in Bermuda instead of going to the Caribbean this past week?
Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Legend Bermuda detour

Why I did not hear what happen? I was on it when we went to Bermuda for a emergency but only spent there an hour or so and that was In July
Old August 16th, 2004, 12:16 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to MrPete

I don't think it's back until Thursday, if it's fixed.

Past Cruises: Explorer of the Seas 2008 Explorer of the Seas 2007 Carnival Victory 2007 Explorer of the Seas 2006 Legend 2005 Miracle 2004 Disney Wonder 2004; Pride 2003 Legend 2002 Disney Wonder 2002 Destiny 2001 Victory 2000 Triumph 1999 Jubilee 1998 Imagination 1997 Imagination 1996 Fascination 1995 Ecstasy 1993 Fantasy 1990 Jubilee 1990 NCL Seaward 1989 Jubilee 1988
Old August 19th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Femme1964

Default Re: Re: Legend Bermuda detour

I just got back from Legend and boy oh boy was I dissappointed! They notified us that something had gone wrong with one of the engine thrusters Thursday morning and that we were being taken to Bermuda instead. At sea Wed, Thurs and Fri, arrived in Bermuda on Saturday and stayed there until Mon midday. Returning back to New York therefore spending more time at sea, Monday afternoon, Tuesday, Wednesday and arriving Thurs am. And one of those days we were basically circling just outside New York. Let me tell you it was the worse vacation! If I wanted to cruise to nowhere I would have booked a cruise to nowhere instead of paying so much just be taken to Bermuda for two days. They didn't even want to pay additional port charges to keep us there an additional day. It was a depressing atmosphere, most of the people were complaining because most had already been to Bermuda. Why couldn't they just proceed to P.R. and fix the engine?
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:14 PM
wendywhite

Default Re: Re: Re: Legend Bermuda detour

I am so sorry to hear that your vacation was such a disappointment. I realize that when you enter into a contract with Canival they have the right to change ports but this is extreme. Did they let people fly home at Canival's expense? I think they have some kind of vacation guarantee?
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Still I dont know whats up in nyc port. Could it be there is a mob of passengers freaking out over there cruise.
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:19 PM
wendywhite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Legend Bermuda detour

Sorry ..... I did mean to spell Carnival correctly.
Old August 19th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise

Femme, parts for thrusters might not be the easiest things to find, and might require the proper facilities for installation.

Old August 19th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

that sucks. i think i would have made the best of it though and had a good time on the ship since that's my favorite part anyway....not the ports. i've had a schedule changed due to Hurricane George a few years ago, but didn' t let it piss me off. sorry it was bad for you.

Old August 19th, 2004, 03:51 PM
Admiral

Puerto Rico is about 1800 sea miles from NY and would have put a 'wounded" ship potentially in the paths of Bonnie and Charlie. Bermuda is about 800 miles from NY and is also several hundred miles offshore and was pretty much out of the path of the storm. It's not like there are a whole lot of alternatives out there. Ships sailing from the east coast on Saturday for Bermuda arrive on Monday. Perhaps Legend did not stay because there was no place for her.
Old August 19th, 2004, 05:17 PM
Femme1964

Perhaps there was no room for her in Bermuda and I understand if the problem was with mother nature they should have handled it better.
Old August 20th, 2004, 09:15 AM
SnowWhiteNYC

I just got off the legend...
We actually had more time in ports because we were in Bermuda from Sat. 8 am until 12 noon on Monday...

Bermuda was awesome! the weather was perfect and the crew was great... The Legend is a beautiful ship!

Not everyone was unhappy....Most of us made the best of it...got over the initial disappointment and had a fantastic cruise....