Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Lipz*

Default Cozumels Mr Sanchos VS Paradise Beach

These are my top two choices as far as visiting a beach goes when we get to Cozumel at the end of the month. Has anyone been to BOTH and if you have which was your FAVORITE and why?

We will be going to the beach to enjoy the scenery (white sand/blue water, unlike what we have here in New York City. We want to enjoy relaxing under the sun, sipping on some nice cold drinks, and perhaps enjoying a tasty lunch while there.

Lipz*
Sponsored Links
Old August 14th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Cozumels Mr Sanchos VS Paradise Beach

My vote is definitely for Paradise Beach. Food was wonderful, service was outstanding. The facilities were very clean and new. Admission and lounge chairs were free. I highly recommend Paradise Beach.
Old August 15th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Lipz, check the Mexico board here ... more suggestions there.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old August 15th, 2004, 12:47 PM
efmarek

Lipz,
I have been to Cozumel three times, once as a port stop while on a cruise, and twice by air. The first time I saw Cozumel was while on the cruise and I loved it some much, I have been back twice more to stay longer. On the cruise, we chose Paradise Beach as a shore excursion. I liked it, but had I known that there was better beach and water at San Francisco Beach and Chakanaab (sp?), we would have chosen something else. Paradise Beach is laid back and quieter than San Francisco, mostly because it attracts the cruise ship visitors more than the land visitors. If you want a wilder, more party atmosphere, then San Francisco Beach is where you need to go. They have more water sports than Paradise Beach. If you want excellent snorkeling, then you should go to Chakanaab. (not sure of the spelling). The fish are usually waiting for you to come into the water. The little ones gather by the stairs, hoping you have some food. (However, I wouldn't recommend feeding them. There are a few baracudas that hang around there.)

Hope you have a grand time. I get to go back on my 9/27 Fascination cruise and I can hardly wait.

Lisa
Old August 16th, 2004, 03:02 PM
Lipz*

Thank you so much ... everyone!

Jo-Ann.... I have read alot of good things about Paradise Beach. Glad you enjoyed your time there.

Harry Martin.... I am on my way to check out the shore excursion section as well as the Mexico section. Thanks for steering me in the right direction once again.

efmarek..... the other beaches you described sounds good for excitement and if I want to snorkel. I think Paradise Beach may be more of what we are looking for since we mainly just want to lounge and have a good lunch.

Lipz*
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:27 AM
Janie Doe

I myself went to Sanchos beach and found it to be a fantastic place...although, right after going to 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman, anything would seem disappointing.
Sanchos seemed more authentic, there were alot of locals there and the vendors weren't too pushy with thier wares.