Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2004, 10:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Earl - Inspiration Aug 15-22

Has anyone any information about the Inspiration? She was to have departed today.

I'm looking at the progression for Earl and he looks about "spot on" where the Inspiration is headed - a day at sea tomorrow and into Grand Cayman for Tuesday - and Earl should be in or around that area by then too.

I was just on Carnival's website and the only updates they have are from last week's travel (Charley).

I know that the cruiseline and the ships' captains are not fool-hearty and sail around bad weather, but with Earl headed right at the (entire itinerary ports of call) Western Caribbean, would they swap out the Western Caribbean for the Eastern or something like that (seems difficult to dodge a storm when it is headed right into the area you'll be in for the entire time you'll be there) - just wondering. Are there any people in the know or those, more seasoned at cruising, who would like to offer any ideas?

Keeping the faith and thinking only good thoughts for all onboard to have a wonderful adventure, no matter where the ship heads.

Any thoughts?

Tracey
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Earl - Inspiration Aug 15-22

I know the feeling Tracey.... we're watching closely too. I suspect that as far as OUR trip, Earl should be gone by then unless he slows down a WHOLE lot !! I feel like once we get to Tampa - and ON the ship - we'll end up with a nice cruise, no matter where we go. It's just getting to Tampa that is the difficult part

See you next weekend !!
Joyce

Old August 16th, 2004, 10:04 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

Me too. Early estimate put Earl straight into Mexico on Friday. We leave from Tampa Saturday to Grand Caymen and Cozemel. Will be watching.

TC

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:44 PM
First Mate

TC - we'll be right behind you - We leave Tampa on Sunday !! But I did just read on here that Earl has been downgraded. That is VERY good news !!

Old August 16th, 2004, 03:51 PM
First Mate

I live near Tampa and I can tell you, based on Charley, that no one really knows where these things are headed. Tampa was slated to get a direct hit, but at the last minute, the storm shifted east and devasted points south.

Try not to make yourself crazy predicting where the storm will go. Carnival will take good care of you all.

We should all just be thankful that we can cruise and say a little prayer fo those folks in Charlotte county Fl who were so devastated by the storm.

Royale 5/85; Oceanic 7/85, 5/86, 5/89
Veracruz 7/88; Fantasy 7/97;
Tropicale 6/98; Sov. Seas 6/99;
Sensation 5/03, 5/04; Glory 9/03,Triumph 9/04; Pride 3/05