Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to felway17 Send a message via Yahoo to felway17
Default Tips for a Single Male Cruising

Since I am now under 20 days to go... Figured I would ask again for tips from prior cruisers...

I am single 31 year old male... cruising Sept 4th... So far tips that I am going to listen to...

1) Bring a bungee cord... to keep door open if want.
2) Bring about $50 in small bills for tips for excursions, and others...
3) I do not need to bring a power outlet... I am a guy.. and do not need all the hairdryer and junk like that... All I will have that needs electiric is my battery charger for camera..

But anyone else have any tips to think of?

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ScoundrelM Send a message via Yahoo to ScoundrelM
Default Re: Tips for a Single Male Cruising

Bring a a large empty water bottle (like rubber maid ones).
If you drink juice in the morning or go out on excursions fill it with you favorite juice/water.

If you'tre going snorkeling grab a box of cereal something with fruit in it.
When your swimming near fish open up the box and voila lotsa fish photos.
Old August 16th, 2004, 10:47 AM
venice

bring extra cash to spend on all the single people that you are attracted to and they to you (smile)..if you have a digital camera bring along an extra chip in case you take more pictures than you planned on..some plastic baggies to store stuff in..a list of in case of emergency who to contact in case you become ill (remember you don't have a spouse or friend that can tell the doctor about your situation
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:11 AM
shavey

Bring your own "safe" just in case ( . ) ( . )
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Tips for a Single Male Cruising

My own safe? or do you mean protection?

Old August 16th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I *love* having the backpack to bring all teh crap to the pool area or into port ... best purchase I ever made before our first cruise.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:29 PM
shavey

Default Re: Re: Re: Tips for a Single Male Cruising

Yep, Last January, 2 seperate groups of gals one 6 and one 8 ages 24-26 They
all had one hell of a time with the guys. Best of luck at sea!
Old August 16th, 2004, 04:05 PM
First Mate

Fellow Cruisemate Felway17

Got a couple for you:

May I suggest you go to your local Walmart or Target and purchase a pair of water socks $5 or $6 ( if you purchase them on board it'll cost you $20.)

Duct Tape ( one roll about $3) just in case of an emergency ( many uses...you will be able to fix 99% of anything hahahaha...)

AND a Sewing kit ( about $4 must have or get safety pins...That will be a plus for you the food is good and guess what you are there with.....)

Happy Cruising,
Duke
Old August 23rd, 2004, 11:49 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Tips for a Single Male Cruising

Any more tips from people?

I also saw two more tips...

1) Bring info on a contact person in case of emergency..

2) Bring something with a metalic strip... most cruise ships have a safe... and it is recommended to lock the safe, not with your room key... But something less ovious such as a Grocery Shopping card...

Come on people I know some of you have a lot more....

Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:05 PM
First Mate

bring plastic baggies and then order room service sandwich the morning of a cruise. put the sandwich int he baggie and along with a piece of fruit from breakfast buffet and the sport bottle of water (or juice), you have a free lunch. also, avoid the water OFF the ship - on the ship it's fine, but even in highly westernized grand cayman, i ordered a fountain pop (which is mixed with water and ice), and had stomach cramps for two days after. i wasn't even thinking - thought grand cayman would be fine, but it's just different water than we're used to and you might have some unpleasant reactions. also, go to the singles night that most cruises have the first or second night. hope you have a blast!!!
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:07 PM
First Mate

bring plastic baggies and then order room service sandwich the morning of a cruise. put the sandwich int he baggie and along with a piece of fruit from breakfast buffet and the sport bottle of water (or juice), you have a free lunch. also, avoid the water OFF the ship - on the ship it's fine, but even in highly westernized grand cayman, i ordered a fountain pop (which is mixed with water and ice), and had stomach cramps for two days after. i wasn't even thinking - thought grand cayman would be fine, but it's just different water than we're used to and you might have some unpleasant reactions. also, go to the singles night that most cruises have the first or second night. hope you have a blast!!!
Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:08 PM
First Mate

Old August 23rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
First Mate

Old August 23rd, 2004, 07:12 PM
Yeoman

felway17

my best advice is too go with a smile on your face and know you are going to have a great time.

i can tell you one thing though--i am a single lady who went solo on my first cruise and i had a wonderful time. it was a trip to alaska on the carnival spirit. i was not on the '' hunt for a man, but there to just to have a wonderful cruise''. i met some wonderful passengers at my table for diner. but the one thing i missed most was for a nice man to have at least said hello to me. i am not bad too look at ( so i have been told ) and i have a bubbly personality, but for some reason single men on the ship did not communicate with any sinlge passengers that i could see. so, if you see someone that is kind of alone in the lounge or setting at the bar just having a nice drink dont be afraid to say hi and ask how their cruise is going. it will make a big difference for the other person and you never know what might happen if you start a conversation. im sure you will know how to be tactfull and friendly. have a wonderful time.

Old August 24th, 2004, 06:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Okay one more tip that I have read from people.... Print up business cards and pass them out?

doesn't that sound kind of tacky?

Old August 24th, 2004, 08:31 AM
sls

I think it's print up business cards with your home address and phone number so you can give it out to the people you want to stay in contact with. I know I loose scraps of papers with phone numbers all the time.

sls