Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Yeoman

Default Carnival Pride

My partner and I are going to be on the Pride on Sept. 19th. Anyone have any suggestions for us? This is our 2nd cruise, the 1st being on the Ecstasy, and we are really looking forward to the Pride. Any useful information would be appreciated. Shore excursions etc.? Would be nice to know what to expect. Are the rooms bigger than the Ecstasy? Thanks for any input.
Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Pride

Cabins are the same size. The Pride is a beautiful ship and most people seem to love this calss ship. The Pride has gotten the best reviews of all of this class ship as well.
JIm

Old August 16th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Californiacutie Send a message via Yahoo to Californiacutie

I just got off of the Pride yesterday and it really was beautiful but my only complaint was where the smoking areas were located

Old August 16th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Yeoman

Californiacutie, can you smoke in your cabin? We have a balcony cabin, so I assume you can at least smoke on the balcony. Where were the smoking areas by the way?
Old August 17th, 2004, 12:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Californiacutie Send a message via Yahoo to Californiacutie

Yes, you can smoke on your balcony but i dont believe inside the cabin. The smoking areas were located near a dance place called Beauties and by some of the elevators and popular lounge areas.

Old August 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Carnival Pride

How did you enjoy your cruise on Carnival Pride? I read on another message board there was a delay in returning to port on Sunday morning and that people did not disembark until 2:00 pm? How did this affect air travel schedules? Thanks in advance for your reply.
Old August 18th, 2004, 02:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

well carnival said that people that booked their flights through carnival would be directly put on a later flight but for people that didnt book with them would just have to go to the pursurs desk and see if anything can be arranged with the airline. I enjoyed the cruise very much, and it was my first. I met loads of people and they had many activities for us there. I really loved the hypnotic show since one of my friends was in it.

Old August 18th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Yeoman

What about the dining table. I hear they try to pair you with people in your same age group/marital status etc. Did that appear to be true? Were you at a table with people you got along with?

Carnival Liberty
Old August 18th, 2004, 11:45 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Fitz,

One correx -- you can smoke in your cabin ... you just have to ask for an ashtray from the cabin steward.

On dining assignments -- very interesting how they do it. First, there are a fair amount of tables for 2 on the Pride. Second, when I spoke with teh maitre'd on teh Spirit, he said that if they see two men traveling together, invariably they assign them to a table full of single women travelers. (This has happened to us *so* many times.) He offered to switch us, but we were having too good of a time. The maitre'd was funny, in that he said, "Sometimes it works out, and sometimes not." :-) However, I can tell you that the women passengers we have met at dinner have almost been thankful that they could have a relaxing time in the evening.

Hope hat helps, and hope you found the photo links I posted on either the Mexico or G/L boards.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:49 PM
Yeoman

Harry, I did find the photos. Thank you so much. It should be interesting at the dining table. We are celebrating our 9 year anniversary so it might be a surprise to whom ever we sit with. I will let you know how it goes.
Old August 18th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Like I said, the maitre'd said feel free to ask to be moved. There are plenty of tables for 2. But I tell you, I have met a lot of fun people when just taking where they seat you. They do seem to group toward age groups, too.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Beginner

Californiacutie, did you happen to go to the piano bar when you sailed on the Pride last week? What was that like? Average age group in there? We did a HAL cruise last year and the piano bar entertainer was an older English fellow catering to the over 80 crowd. We later cruised on the Golden Princess and there was a piano player/singer/comedian named Bert who was a riot. Had the crowd in a frenzy every night and the crowds grew all week long. The piano was in an open hallway area so people just stopped in their tracks and joined in. It was a lot of fun. We're thinking of doing a cruise on Carnival Pride, have read that the age group is younger and higher energy. Did you find this to be the case?
Old August 19th, 2004, 06:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

We didnt stay much in the Piano Bar since that is where you are allowed to smoke but it was more my parents age crowd. Altough it was located near the Beauties disco where the more younger crowd was. Since it is so close to the Beauties Disco, there was a woman in her younger 20's topless playing on the piano, drunk probably. The age group is pretty much younger, but there was a fair amount of younger and older couples.

Old August 20th, 2004, 01:36 AM
Yeoman

Can't believe it's only 30 days away now. So close yet so far away. Its about all I can think about now.

Carnival Liberty