Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Ronnie Yours

Default Just Booked Carnival Victory - Eastern carribian

Hi All,

I just booked my 7 day cruise on Carnival victory sailing on December 12th out of Miami to Eastern Carribian.

I read some bad reviews of the ship. Please tell me that they are not true. This is me and my wifes first ever cruise and i am a little nervous about spending so much money before reading the reviews.

Any kind of review of the ship/cruise/destination/experience is appreciated.

Thanks
Ron
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Terri/Mom

Default Re: Just Booked Carnival Victory - Eastern carribian

Don't believe them, I'm in my late 40's, 2 older girls and we had a blast. My husband even enjoyed himself tremendously. The ship is beautiful. There is plenty to do around the pool, read or just people watch. Plenty of entertainment in the evening. The shows were nice. If you like to stay up late, go down to the adult shows, funny as can be. We had John Heald on the ship in 2002, he was the greatest CD. The food was good, plenty of choices for dining. The rooms were decent. We had a 4E guar. and was bumped to the Spa Deck 6E. What a surprise. Your husband will have a great relaxing week. For your first time , take the ships excusions. Then save lots of time for shopping. We ourselves are taking a Eastern Cruise on the Valor a week later again to St. Thomas , St. Marteen and Nassau. Megans or Trunk Bay , shopping in the afternoon. French side of St. Maarten, and who knows if we will go to Paradise Island to the hotel. Enjoy yourselves This will be our 3rd Carnival cruise. My husband got spoiled.
Old August 20th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

We sailed the Victory in April and had a blast. You will enjoy your trip. Don't worry....
Old August 23rd, 2004, 01:27 PM
capecod40

Default Re: Re: Just Booked Carnival Victory - Eastern carribian

My husband and I sailed on the Victory Jan. of 2003. This was my husbands favorite ship so far and I agree with him. We just booked the same cruise on the Victory for this coming Jan 2005. Must be good if we want to do it again. Fun active ship. Plenty to do. Food was as good as any of the others. Ship was clean. Staterooms were actually bigger than the other ships. Some people are unhappy no matter where they are. They truly are fun ships. Although Megans Bay in St. Thomas is a tourist trap, very crowded beach. Try Sapphire Bay instead. Sceanic and less people.

Carnival Paradise, 2001
Princess Ocean, 2002
Carnival Victory, 2003
Celebrity Summit ,2004
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:47 PM
Ronnie Yours

Thanks all of you.

I am so much relieved now. I thought that I commited a mistake by booking it.

Any Do's and Donts?

Thanks
Ron
Old August 23rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Ronnie Yours

One more question.

I have booked a room with a private balcony and the agent said that I should get a guranteed minimum balcony room. In this way I am guranteed a balcony and also have chances of an upgrade.

Is this right. Should I prebook my room or leave the booking as is?

Once again thanks all you guys. You are great

-Ron
Old August 23rd, 2004, 03:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

i always book with the guarantee so that you have the option of upgrading....

you will love this ship. ignore the complainers.

Old September 1st, 2004, 03:37 PM
Ronnie Yours

I have been hearing a lot about chocolate buffets.

Does victory have one?

-Ron
Old September 10th, 2004, 11:09 AM
bluwes

We have sailed twice on the Victory as well as other ships,We did both the east and western caribbeans and we liked the eastern cruise the best. the ship is great ,like the other posters say ignore the negative s have a great time
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:30 PM
happycruzer

I have this ship booked for Jan 9, 2005, have read a few negative reviews but overall i think its a good ship. Most major complaint is it get to San Juan too late and most shop are closed...so what, go on and have fun...there are a few that cant be satisfied no matter what you do. My feelings are expect nothing ..then you will always be pleasantly surprised...enjoy!!!!
Old September 10th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Ron -cabins are all about location. Staterooms in the bow(front) and aft(rear) tend to feel more movement than cabins that are midships. The higher the deck the more movement. If your cabin is located under the disco you will hear the boom, boom boom of the base in the music all night, same thing if your cabin is underneath any of the showrooms. If you don't mind walking a long corridor to get to the stairs and elevators.
If the above mentioned things won't be a concern or bother then by all means book your balcony guarantee. If however any of the above things are of a concern to you then book a specific cabin. Your chances of an upgrade are better when you book a guarantee. Upgrades are not guaranteed by no means, if you are lucky to get one that's great!
Old September 11th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Passenger

We've sailed the Victory twice and love her. Our favorite activity is singing along with fellow passengers in the piano bar. The pianist's name is Kevin and he is absolutely fantastic....funny, entertaining, and a great paino man too!
Sorry, no chocolate buffet on Victory, at least not the 5 day...can't remember if the 7 day had it.
Old October 17th, 2004, 11:15 PM
makeda

sailed on the victory several years ago and will be on her for the 12/12 sailing! she is beautiful and you WILL have a great time!
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Passenger

victory is a great ship, lots of fun going again in jan. you just have to ignore the snooty people yes there are those that shove you out of the way and have no manners,,but you get that every where have fun. the sad part is you will be getting off and we will be getting ready to go.it is so depressing when tour getting off the dhip and you see all the happy people getting on. its a feeling of dam my trip is over and back home i go