Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
Beginner

Default Playa Mia in Cozumel

Has anyone done the Playa Mia Beach Break in Cozumel through Carnival?
How much did it cost? Was it worth the $? What all was included?
Would also like to know if anyone has booked this same excursion through another vendor.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2004, 07:39 PM
amy j

Default Re: Playa Mia in Cozumel

We just got back from our cruise and I kept all the information on Shore Excursions from Carnival just in case. We didn't do this excursion, since there was free swimming on the ship whenever we wanted it. The Playa Mia Beach Break opens at 10 am and time departures are at your own leisure. It is $29.00 adult and $26.00 kds. Take a taxi, find someone else and split the cost, approx.. $14 U.S. each way for 4 passengers. The description says once you arrive, go to the activity desk where you will have more information on the diffferent activities there are to do and (don't forget to enjoy some refreshing drinks at the unlimited domestic open bar).....( I believe this is the part they call the Playa Mia Deluxe Beach Break). Activities include, kayaks, hobiecats, pedal boats, water trampolines, and the water iceberg. (The Deluxe is $65 adult and $$59 kds.).
My husband and I really wanted to do the Passion Island Adventure at Cozumel since it is where they filmed the Corona commercials you see on TV all the time. It is $75.00 adults. Some friends we met on the ship did the Catamaran Sail and Snorkel for $55 adults and they even stopped at one of the beaches after that with the tour guide for all the drinks they wanted. They were feeling pretty good after that!!! Then they even went downtown to Carlos and Charlies-a very popular spot to drink. Just don't miss the ship! We stopped on our way back to the ship at a highly recommended restaurant from the cruise employees, called Pancho's Backyard, located in the shops at Puerta Maya Port. They have great tasting Margaritas and I got a plate of Nachos that I actually ate the whole thing!!!!! They are known for their drinks and Guacamole. We spent $40 there alone, but worth it!!!!!!!!!!!
Old August 30th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to TxStarCruiser

Yes!!ITs a great beach!!Been there 2 times!

Rhapsody,Carnival Jubilee,Carnival Celebration,Carnival Elation 7-18-25,2004,Carnival Ecstasy Nov.11,2004!!
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Where is Playa Mia? I was just looking at this map of Cozumel:

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

I don't see it on there, unless I'm just overlooking it.

Post Edited (08-31-04 06:21)