Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 23rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Default Beer Delivery

Anyone have info. on a business in Jacksonville that will deliver beer to the Celebration? Will be cruising in 2005.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Beer Delivery

Oh oh oh good question! I've heard there are companies that do this - deliver "gift" packages to cruise ships just prior to boarding. Someone in our group just did something really nice for us, so we were thinking a nice way to show our thanks would be to have a bottle of his favorite liquor delivered to his cabin. We're leaving out of New Orleans. Anybody have any ideas? I ran across a company awhile back but (stupid me) didn't save the information.

Old August 24th, 2004, 04:21 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

Once I tried to have flowers delivered to friends on a ship. I called a florist who ordered through a Miami florist. I gave them the names and the cabin number. The flowers never got to the room. When I called the florists, both mine and the one in Miami. I got told that they had receipts signed by someone from Carnival that the flowers were received aboard ship. They said this happens a lot. I know it is flowers and not beer but I am just trying to say that somehow outside deliveries do not make it. Perhaps you could order through Carnival. Just a suggestion that could save you some aggravation in the long run.

Cruznut2

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old August 24th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Admiral

You are not going to get beer delivered to your cabin by anyone other than a CCL bar wait staff. You can only bring a couple bottles of wine onboard for personal consumption and you cannot bring beer ot spirits onboard.
Jim

Old August 24th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Beer Delivery

I found a company that delivers gifts of wine, flowers, candy, etc. to cruise ships prior to departures. It doesn't mention anything about liquor and beer, but I'm trying to find the company that I heard of before. They delivered a case of Corona and a bag of limes - that's just the coolest gift ever! =) I don't know if I'm allowed to post the site that does the other gifts... if anyone's interested, reply to this message and we'll figure it out.

Old August 24th, 2004, 08:57 PM
HOSKI

We have done this several times and yes you will get beer delivered. I usually have hubby a case delivered if we have a fridge. Here is my collection of companies:
www.giftsahoyinc.com 1-800-442-AHOY
www.shipboardgifts.com 604-929-3272
Just because of you 1-800-882-9707 (favorite)
Ocean promotions 1-800-225-5536
www.wellwishers.com (pricey)
bon voyage gifts 1-800-217-4438

Good luck and enjoy. And by the way the reason Carnival and other lines allow these is that they have a charge for this service. It gets added to your bill by the delivery company and they pay Carnival.
Old August 25th, 2004, 12:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you so much for the info! I think it will be a great way to start off the vacation for our group leader.

Old August 25th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Passenger

Thanks for all your help if you can find anymore send them my way. Thanks
Old August 25th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to felway17 Send a message via Yahoo to felway17

Well I looked at the few websites, and thought they were all pricey.... I was just looking to maybe bring beer onboard. And with flying in the day of the cruise, I did not want to pack beer in my suitcase.

But I read someone else's message, and they point out in nassau they got 15 beers from a stand in Nassau, and they were able to bring them onboard.. And that is my first stop.

Old August 26th, 2004, 06:13 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the info. write after your cruise and tell me where this place is and how much the beer cost. Thanks Justin Hope you have good time

Post Edited (08-26-04 06:14)