Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 26th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Default Obstructed View Balcony Cabins - Miracle

Anyone stayed in these? How obstructed is the view? Does the lifeboat completely obstruct the view? Can you walk out onto or sit on the balcony? Thanks.

GoodToGo
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 07:47 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Obstructed View Balcony Cabins - Miracle

As I understand it, the category 7A is considered an obstructed view, but it was explained to me that you are able to see STRAIGHT OUT without any obstruction. The obstruction for this category is if you look straight DOWN you will see the lifeboat. Another category they offer has total obstruction to it. The lifeboats are DIRECTLY in front of the balcony. We got a 7A guarantee, hoping for just 1 level category upgrade, which would take us out of the obstructed view category. We will know in just 2 weeks!
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Obstructed View Balcony Cabins - Miracle

Thanks. Hope you get lucky with the upgrade.
Old August 27th, 2004, 09:06 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to nycruiser
Default Re: Obstructed View Balcony Cabins - Miracle

I had a category 7A partially obstructed view on the Miracle. Its just what cricket said. You can look straight out and there is no obstruction. If you look down however you will see the lifeboat. Also when you are sitting on your balcony the "see through and tinted" plexi glass is obstructed by the top of the lifeboat. I took a pic of the view. Go to the photo gallery and run a search. Put in Carnival Miracle and click on the gallery by Justin. I believe its one of the 1st few pictures.

I thought the room and the view was fine. I actually had an inside gty and when I got to the ship I found I was upgraded to 7A. So for me this was a VERY nice room!