CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Passion Island Adventure...? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/199435-passion-island-adventure.html)

AmandaL August 28th, 2004 05:59 PM

Passion Island Adventure...?

Does anyone know what Carnival charges for this excursion? Also, has anyone been to Chankanaab? This is our first cruise and we dont really want to drop a boat load of money on extras. We would like to at least snorkle and see crystal blue water. (can you tell we dont get out much? lol)

David W August 28th, 2004 06:06 PM

Re: Passion Island Adventure...?

Amanda,
Chankanaab park is very nice. The wife and I did the Dolphin discovery there. Never done the Passion Island Adventure. No problem about the boat load of money deal. You'll get a list of excursion's on the ship with prices and length of time each takes. Just pick from the list. If by chance you don't want to leave the ship, no problem !
Hope you have a great cruise ! No worries mate.
Happy sailing;
david

hazelson August 28th, 2004 06:16 PM

I agree - Chakanaab is beautiful. we also did the dolphin thing - wow, what an experience. You should be able to get a cab there fairly cheap and you also pay to enter the park if you don't book an excursion. I saw several people in the water so you should be able to snorkle. The water was so beautiful I have never seen a blue like it. Just do an internet search of the park by name and I'm sure you will find all the answers.

suzi q August 28th, 2004 07:39 PM

We went to Passion Island. Don't do it. You will have a better time at Chankanaab. It cost us a whole lot more than going to the park. If we ever get back, we won't do PI again.It was ok, but nothing to write home about.

on_the_water August 28th, 2004 11:25 PM

Passion Island is nothing more than a beach. There is no snorkeling, and really not much to do there. They have a few volleyball nets set up, and they serve you lunch. Stick with the park.

AmandaL August 29th, 2004 07:39 AM

Thanks for your help. We will probably stick with our original plan and go to Chankanaab for a bit. thanks again

David W August 29th, 2004 03:04 PM

Amanda,
I think read somewhere that the admission to the park is $10.00. And its not far from the port either.There is also cabs waiting to take you back to the ship anytime you want .
Yes you can snorkle there and swim. Beautiful water ! be sure and take a underwater camera with you when you go.

Happy cruising;
david

Darcy August 30th, 2004 07:33 AM

Its $12/pp for adults and $6 for children for admission to the park. A taxi is about $10 each way. You can rent snorkel equipment there (not sure how much as ours was included in the excursion) and snorkel right off the beach. We all had a great time there.

JohnnyRunge July 25th, 2011 06:06 PM

Passion Island Cozumel Mexico 7-15-11

Definite paradise. Water was beautiful, food was OK, vendors were overly agressive, but all in all it was worth the trip. The bounce houses were a blast in the water. I need some help finding some people on the bounce houses. One guy took a face plant trying to cross from one unit to another, and it was soooo hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried watching it from the beach. It was on 7-15-11 and it was a large family from Florida on the cruise for their Mom's 60th B-day. It was like 2-3 brothers (spouses?), one sister, and a couple of small children. Any help out there????

cherylroy July 25th, 2011 08:22 PM

Passion Island was absolutely beautiful ---- but it is a day of relaxation! No snorkeling - just beautiful water, sand, peace and of course food and drink. Would I do it again? Sure..... since we have been to the park about 4-5 times already. I would vote the park for you tho. There is a little of everything there - ruins, dolphins, seals, beach, snorkeling, food, etc etc. You can spend as much or as little as you like! Enjoy! It won't be your last time I'm sure!!!!! :):) BTW - snorkel out to the edge of where it is marked. They have some awesome statues under water. So crystal clear - the first time i saw it it scared the **%**$ out of me! I just wasn't expecting it. LOVE IT THO!!!!!

Fern July 25th, 2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRunge (Post 1383360)
Definite paradise. Water was beautiful, food was OK, vendors were overly agressive, but all in all it was worth the trip. The bounce houses were a blast in the water. I need some help finding some people on the bounce houses. One guy took a face plant trying to cross from one unit to another, and it was soooo hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried watching it from the beach. It was on 7-15-11 and it was a large family from Florida on the cruise for their Mom's 60th B-day. It was like 2-3 brothers (spouses?), one sister, and a couple of small children. Any help out there????

Hi, Johnny, I'm just curious... why would you bring up a 2004 (!) thread instead of posting a new one? I've always wondered about people who bring up very old threads, it's really not personal :), just curiosity!

JohnnyRunge July 25th, 2011 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fern (Post 1383403)
Hi, Johnny, I'm just curious... why would you bring up a 2004 (!) thread instead of posting a new one? I've always wondered about people who bring up very old threads, it's really not personal :), just curiosity!

Hi Fern, I'm new to posting on online forums, so I just googled Cozumel Passion Island and found this. Not sure how to start a new forum. Thanks, Johnny

Fern July 26th, 2011 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyRunge (Post 1383422)
Hi Fern, I'm new to posting on online forums, so I just googled Cozumel Passion Island and found this. Not sure how to start a new forum. Thanks, Johnny

Thanks, Johnny! It's interesting to see how people use the site. I hope you'll continue posting, we're all happy to help with any questions!